Windows 10: My Hp laptop won’t factory reset

Discus and support My Hp laptop won’t factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im wanting to factory reset my Hp laptop so that i can sell it, but im having issues.When i get to the ‘Reset this PC’ I clicked everything i need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KelseyVaughn, Feb 5, 2019.

1. My Hp laptop won’t factory reset

Im wanting to factory reset my Hp laptop so that i can sell it, but im having issues.When i get to the ‘Reset this PC’ I clicked everything i need to but even after leaving it to reset overnight, it still wont reset. Ive tried several times but it still takes hours each time. I need it to go back to how it was when you first turn on the computer so that someone wont get my information when i sell it.

:)

KelseyVaughn, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

My Hp laptop won’t factory reset [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Feb 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Resetting my HP laptop

Since it is a new HP laptop and you want to reset it, instead of using the Windows 10 Reset, why not use the HP Factory Restore application, it should be located on your Start Menu - the alphabetical list - scroll down to the HP suite of apps and look
    for recovery . . .

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2019
  4. My Hp laptop won’t factory reset

HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

My Hp laptop won’t factory reset

1. My Hp laptop won’t factory reset - Similar Threads - laptop won’t factory

2. Why won’t my Microsoft Laptop 4 factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my Microsoft Laptop 4 factory reset?: This is a new purchase I have made but I need to return the laptop Windows 11 . And to do that I need to reset the laptop, but every method I use to reset whether it be the command prompt or settings>recovery>rest I’m always met with a blue screen error in the end saying that...
  3. Why won’t my Microsoft Laptop 4 factory reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t my Microsoft Laptop 4 factory reset?: This is a new purchase I have made but I need to return the laptop Windows 11 . And to do that I need to reset the laptop, but every method I use to reset whether it be the command prompt or settings>recovery>rest I’m always met with a blue screen error in the end saying that...
  4. My Laptop won’t turn on after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop won’t turn on after factory reset: I’ve tried charging it because it’s all I can really do and nothing is working. How can I get it it to turn on again? Btw it’s an HP Laptop and its Model 14-dq2078wm...
  5. My Laptop won’t turn on after factory reset

My Laptop won’t turn on after factory reset: I’ve tried charging it because it’s all I can really do and nothing is working. How can I get it it to turn on again? Btw it’s an HP Laptop and its Model 14-dq2078wm...
  6. I factory reset my laptop, now it won’t turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my laptop, now it won’t turn on!: I decided my laptop was to slow, I factory reset it and it turned off and when it turned back on it gave me a pop up that said “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an error, windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click ok. To restart the...
  7. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop won’t factory reset: I have tried to factory reset my device multiple times, however it keeps saying it needs more storage. I have hardly any files and apps left on the laptop, but it still fails to factory reset. Please help, I need to use my laptop in the near future for work....
  8. HP laptop won’t factory reset

HP laptop won’t factory reset: I have tried to factory reset my device multiple times, however it keeps saying it needs more storage. I have hardly any files and apps left on the laptop, but it still fails to factory reset. Please help, I need to use my laptop in the near future for work....
  9. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Full factory reset on my HP laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Full factory reset on my HP laptop: How do I factory reset My HP laptop? It wont install the new updates. I need to wipe it clean. Then let Windows update. It tells me unable to update not enough storage well I dumped everything that I could still wont update. I had a Accer several years ago. but it had the...