Windows 10: My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

Discus and support My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I sent in my laptop to get repaired and now that I got it back my usb ports are not recognizing any usb flash drives. Note I also went into the master... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeanLopez52, Apr 9, 2022.

1. My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

I sent in my laptop to get repaired and now that I got it back my usb ports are not recognizing any usb flash drives. Note I also went into the master system of the computer to see if anything needed to be updated and everything was up to date so now I've been lost trying to figure out if there is anything I can do before I take it in again and waste more money for a laptop that's not even a year old yet.

:)

SeanLopez52, Apr 9, 2022
  2. jjtyler Win User

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Apr 9, 2022
  3. My HP Laptop USB Ports not recognizing USB or any other external device

Dear,

All my 3 USB Ports in my HP Laptop does not recognize USB stick or any external device plug on it. Kind assistance please.

Thanks & regards,

<The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator>

Edgar Villar (edgar.villar), Apr 9, 2022
  4. Mike_SRB Win User

My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

HP Laptop 2000 with Windows 10 USB port wont recognize Arduino SMRAZA R3 board

HP 2000 Laptop running Windows 10 - USB Port wont recognize smraza UNO R3 (Arduino) board although it does provide power. Has anyone else had similar problems interfacing with Arduino boards with HP Laptops running Windows USB10?

USB cable provides to provide power to smraza UNO R3 board since LED on board blinks. I've downloaded most recent Arduino IDE software for windows 10 but HP 2000 laptop wont recognize smraza UNO R3 as a new device. HP Laptop 2000 recognizes thumb drives
    on the USB ports but wont recognize smraza UNO R3 board when connected.

Unable to test cable with other devices because it has a different connector for the board that is similar to a printer connector (small square shape vice typical small rectangle for typical USB).

Mike_SRB, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

1. My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing - Similar Threads - laptops usb ports

2. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  3. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  6. My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing: I sent in my laptop to get repaired and now that I got it back my usb ports are not recognizing any usb flash drives. Note I also went into the master system of the computer to see if anything needed to be updated and everything was up to date so now I've been lost trying to...
  7. My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing: I sent in my laptop to get repaired and now that I got it back my usb ports are not recognizing any usb flash drives. Note I also went into the master system of the computer to see if anything needed to be updated and everything was up to date so now I've been lost trying to...
  8. USB Port not recognizing device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Port not recognizing device: I have an HP Revolve 810 Elitebook. One of the two usb ports will recognize a thumbdrive but not my plantronics head set. I can't seem to find where to do any troubleshooting on the usb port. The headset works on another computer just fine, is recognized and configured...
  9. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive. If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind. I...
  10. USB ports on my HP Envy

USB ports on my HP Envy: how can I tell which of the 3 ports are 3.0 and 2.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-on-my-hp-envy/41de5231-f2c3-4c0e-9ca1-e05404265afc