Windows 10: My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI

Discus and support My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new gaming laptop and I wanted to install windows on the ssd disk. However, to do so i need to enable AHCI sata mode but that setting does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nuninsky, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Nuninsky Win User

My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI

I bought a new gaming laptop and I wanted to install windows on the ssd disk. However, to do so i need to enable AHCI sata mode but that setting does not appear on my bios options. Could you help me?

:)

Nuninsky, Dec 12, 2019
  2. KubekVF Win User

Change SATA mode to AHCI from IDE

I was able to change it now (I also had some issues with NICs so I decided to reinstall my PC but I wanted to keep my files, programs, settings .... ). Here is how:

• Lunch application "setup.exe" from path "c:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Windows\" (simply running upgrade to 10 again, but this time from windows 10)
    • After first reboot, change SATA mode to AHCI and let Windows finish upgrade
    • Everything should be fine now
    I am now running my disks in AHCI mode now and even don't have (so far) issues I had before.

KubekVF, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User
    My Sata HDD is in IDE-mode?!

I can´t activate AHCI in Bios - there´s under "Sata Controller Mode" only Auto, Compatible (Sata only), and Enhanced - no AHCI - tried to install Windows in all modes - doesn´t help.

Laurijan, Dec 12, 2019
  4. KubekVF Win User

Change SATA mode to AHCI from IDE

Good morning,

some time ago I installed Win 7 Pro. I haven't noticed that SATA mode is IDE. I wonder how I can switch now to AHCI. I have SSD and motherboard with SATA 3, so it would be shame to not do so.

I found some instructions on the internet but none of them seems to work for me on Windows 10 Pro 64bit (registry change, safe mode ...). I always get "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" BSOD
    after I change mode to AHCI and try to boot PC again.

Could I maybe use refresh or reset? Which could help me?

Thank you very much

KubekVF, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI - Similar Threads - omen doesn't option

2. SATA AHCI controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  3. DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!

DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!: Yup, you heard me... Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI performs a lot better, and easy on the CPU fan than the Intel ACHI driver. I updated on two of my desktop pcs, one is stuck at startup diagnoses bootloop, and the other one is drying every bit of juice from the fan on...
  4. nForce 630i SATA AHCI mode - Cannot use MSAHCI driver

nForce 630i SATA AHCI mode - Cannot use MSAHCI driver: System is Packard Bell Imedia S3720 with the infamous nForce 630i chipset. I don't know why but I cannot use MSAHCI driver. Computer enters a loop and doesn't work well. With SATA nForce driver it works but it seems unstable at best (and also trim function dissappeared from...
  5. Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata

Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata: Hi I have a dell laptop.I did a clean install of windows 10 becouse i was getting a lot of errors before.I updated everything from windows update and downloaded nvidia drivers from nvidia website.When i got to device manager i see an exclamation mark at standard ahci sata...
  6. Change from AHCI to IDE SATA mode without reinstalling OS / Disable NCQ

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change from AHCI to IDE SATA mode without reinstalling OS / Disable NCQ: Hello everyone, My Computer is quite old, but still powerful enough for my daily work. It's a custom built pc with a AMD FX 8320, 16 GB RAM and 2TB Samsung SSD. It runs fine except that it freezes from time to time. So the system freezes for like 2 to 30 seconds, and either...
  7. Standar SATA-AHCI Controller trouble.

Standar SATA-AHCI Controller trouble.: I've downloaded the last version of AMD Chipset drivers, but in the Devices Manager I can see: Standard SATA AHCI Controller provided by Microsoft (June 2006). It's this correct or maybe must be substituted by the ("some") new controller by AMD? Thanks in advance for your...
  8. Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI

Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI: Just an interesting observation, after I switched my machine from RAID to AHCI. 156035
  9. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...
  10. How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop: How to change AHCI mode HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10/f884e5df-a7ff-4f8c-9d21-9409c8d85007

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change sata operation on omen 15

2. raid to ahci hp