Windows 10: My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working

Discus and support My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP Pavilion Laptop touchpad had just stopped working today and it does not show up in the device management. I am currently using an external mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brian(Bob), Mar 20, 2019.

1. My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working

My HP Pavilion Laptop touchpad had just stopped working today and it does not show up in the device management. I am currently using an external mouse which works. My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working 32d5e3f1-1167-4b78-9dcb-2d4a3f1f0982?upload=true.png

:)

Brian(Bob), Mar 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 with working keyboard and touchpad on HP Pavilion Chromebook 14

I successfully installed windows 10 on my HP Pavilion Chromebook 14-c015dx and I tried most of the custom drivers for keyboard and touchpad for chromebooks from coolstar by following the instructions but they didn't work.

How do i get them to work?

Or,

Anybody here with windows 10 running on HP Pavilion Chromebook 14 with keyboard and touchpad working? Please let me know how you did it.

Nana Osabarima, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Kane Win User
    HP Pavilion x2

hey, i've had a hp detachable pavilion x2 for a week or so, it came with 8.1 on it and i wasn't going to upgrade to 10 but thought sod it and upgraded earlier and now my mouse touchpad randomly stops working, the mouse pointer disappears and the keybooard stops working, i have to use an on screen keyboard and use the touch screen to get around

it says it is a ELAN touchpad, i've spent over an hour now googling this issue. all signs are pointing to it being a driver issue after a windows 10 upgrade yet i haven't seen an actual fix anywhere. can anyone point me to a link of the driver that i need please before i throw this thing into the street *Mad

elan say to contact manufacturer yet HP have nothing on their website unless i have completely missed something obvious. please help

4. My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working

HP Stream Touchpad Not Working

Hi Nelly,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What do you refer to, when you say “I know the touchpad works, I'm just not sure how to get it to work”?

• What happens when you try to use the Touchpad? Does it hangs/not respond?

• Is your system up to date?
    Meanwhile, you may follow the below steps and check if you are able to switch on the Touchpad. This way we can isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Devices.

• Click on Mouse and touchpad.

• Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

• You may configure the various touchpad gestures also here.
    As you have got the drivers from the HP website, it is recommended to update the drivers if there are any latest updates. I suggest you to refer to the below article and check on how to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Reference: I suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by
    TylerWelch on July 30, 2015 and check if it helps.

Touchpad is not working on windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working

1. My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working - Similar Threads - Pavilion Touchpad has

2. The touchscreen of my HP Pavilion X360 has stopped working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The touchscreen of my HP Pavilion X360 has stopped working!: After fully resetting my HP Pavilion X360, its touch screen has stopped working. I checked the HP website which told that all the drivers are up to date on the system. How to I enable the touch again. I have updated the Windows 10 to its latest version too!...
  3. The touchscreen of my HP Pavilion X360 has stopped working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The touchscreen of my HP Pavilion X360 has stopped working!: After fully resetting my HP Pavilion X360, its touch screen has stopped working. I checked the HP website which told that all the drivers are up to date on the system. How to I enable the touch again. I have updated the Windows 10 to its latest version too!...
  4. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  5. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  6. Touchpad not working on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible

Touchpad not working on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible: Hi,My laptop touchpad stopped working. The I2C HID Device one of the 2 is showing an error. I tried updating it , but get an error: Windows found drivers but encountered an error when attempting to install them. The device cannot start code 10. I tried to find the driver on...
  7. Touchpad not working on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible: Hi,My laptop touchpad stopped working. The I2C HID Device one of the 2 is showing an error. I tried updating it , but get an error: Windows found drivers but encountered an error when attempting to install them. The device cannot start code 10. I tried to find the driver on...
  8. Touchpad / Keyboard for my HP Pavilion 14m Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad / Keyboard for my HP Pavilion 14m Doesn't work: The touchpad & Keyboard for my HP Pavilion 14m-dh0000 x360 Convertible PC doesn't work. I have combed the internet and tips but no way. Even install hp adviser, Tell me all system Good. reinstalled a fresh window same thing. Touchpad worked for some seconds after windows...
  9. Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working!: It was totally fine yesterday, and today it just stopped working. I looked into the device manager, and it will only show up when hidden devices are toggled. I see a yellow marking next to it with code 24, but nothing that helps me. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but...
  10. My touchpad has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My touchpad has stopped working: A few weeks ago my touchpad suddenly stopped working in my windows 10 Lenovo laptop. I tried everything I could think of to solve the problem, going through settings, control panel and troubleshooter etc. Nothing I tried has worked so far. The only way I have been able to use...