Windows 10: My HP PC Won't Boot Up

Discus and support My HP PC Won't Boot Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Hp laptop was upgraded to win 10 last week. The hard drive in the laptop was always stuffing up. basically, everytime windows booted up, it would do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slickboss21, Aug 11, 2016.

1. My HP PC Won't Boot Up

My Hp laptop was upgraded to win 10 last week. The hard drive in the laptop was always stuffing up. basically, everytime windows booted up, it would do a countdown from 8 seconds. if you didn't press a key within that time period, the computer would try to 'repair' the drive. I guess it was for a good cause, but it would always freeze at 1%. it was going fine until... yesterday the countdown didn't appear: it went straight to the repair screen. after shutting it down with the 5 second shut down, and booted it back up it said Preparing automatic repair. it would lead into a screen where it said, "repairind disk errors, this may take over an hour" (might not have gotten the wording right). I left it on for 3 hours, nothing. My HP PC Won't Boot Up :( . It alternates between the two. When i did it once, on the "repairind disk errors, this may take over an hour" case, i went onto a... screen. (check the attachments)
    My HP PC Won't Boot Up [​IMG]
    Also, i can reset the pc, but i have microsoft office 2010 in there, and i dont think i can reinstall it (if you know of a way, plese tell me)

Thanks in advance
    slickboss

:)

slickboss21, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Tman12 Win User

Cannot Boot up Computer: Hard Disk Problems

I've had issues with my fan for a little while on my HP Envy 15. I had it when it was originally a Windows 7 PC and upgraded to 10 with no issues last year. I'm planning on replacing it later, but for now I need it to last a little while, but this morning
    it won't boot up. I was getting the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Error, and I've tried rebooting, safe mode, recovery, resetting, but it won't boot up at all for me to check what the issue is. I tried running a disk check through the command prompt, but it can't
    because the disk is write protected.

Tman12, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Post Anniversary Update Problems

After Anniversary update PC won't boot past HP splash screen. But it will boot fully after hard shutdown. Microsoft support asks me to obtain a recovery disk from HP. HP doesn't offer recovery disk. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

MichaelACollins, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

My HP PC Won't Boot Up

1. My HP PC Won't Boot Up - Similar Threads - Won't Boot

2. Pc won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc won't boot: I installed my windows 7 to windows 10 from cd. But after installation, the pc restarted unknowingly at the account creation stage. Then when I tried to install again it got stuck at 0% getting the files ready for installation. so I restarted again and checked if the earlier...
  3. PC Won't Boot after Install of Identical RAM in Last Open Slot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Boot after Install of Identical RAM in Last Open Slot: Hey folks,I just got a final stick of RAM to fill all my mother board slots. I currently have 3 of 4 slots filled with Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400MHz DDR4, for a total of 24GB RAM. The new RAM stick is identical in every way, including timing 16-16-16-39 on both. The only...
  4. PC Won't Boot after Install of Identical RAM in Last Open Slot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won't Boot after Install of Identical RAM in Last Open Slot: Hey folks,I just got a final stick of RAM to fill all my mother board slots. I currently have 3 of 4 slots filled with Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400MHz DDR4, for a total of 24GB RAM. The new RAM stick is identical in every way, including timing 16-16-16-39 on both. The only...
  5. PC Won't Boot after Install of Identical RAM in Last Open Slot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My laptop won't boot up on battery, but can work with battery after removing the adaptor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't boot up on battery, but can work with battery after removing the adaptor: Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen3 2015. One week ago I tried myself to change the thermal paste, and harmed the fan insertion plug site. I also had a hard time removing the battery plug from the motherboard. After that, it seemed the battery plug can not be plugged as deep as before. I...
  7. My laptop won't boot up on battery, but can work with battery after removing the adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't boot up on battery, but can work with battery after removing the adaptor: Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen3 2015. One week ago I tried myself to change the thermal paste, and harmed the fan insertion plug site. I also had a hard time removing the battery plug from the motherboard. After that, it seemed the battery plug can not be plugged as deep as before. I...
  8. My laptop won't boot up on battery, but can work with battery after removing the adaptor

9. Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode: I was having issues with my laptop,so decided to reset it.It got stuck for 6 hours on 74%, I rebooted, said diagnosing, the attempting repairs. States cannot fix it, asks for password for Microsoft account.I had to reset that,won't let me in,won't boot in to safe mode.Tried...
  10. Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode

Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode: I was having issues with my laptop,so decided to reset it.It got stuck for 6 hours on 74%, I rebooted, said diagnosing, the attempting repairs. States cannot fix it, asks for password for Microsoft account.I had to reset that,won't let me in,won't boot in to safe mode.Tried...