Windows 10: My HP PC Won't Boot Up

Discus and support My HP PC Won't Boot Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Hp laptop was upgraded to win 10 last week. The hard drive in the laptop was always stuffing up. basically, everytime windows booted up, it would do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slickboss21, Aug 11, 2016.

1. My HP PC Won't Boot Up

My Hp laptop was upgraded to win 10 last week. The hard drive in the laptop was always stuffing up. basically, everytime windows booted up, it would do a countdown from 8 seconds. if you didn't press a key within that time period, the computer would try to 'repair' the drive. I guess it was for a good cause, but it would always freeze at 1%. it was going fine until... yesterday the countdown didn't appear: it went straight to the repair screen. after shutting it down with the 5 second shut down, and booted it back up it said Preparing automatic repair. it would lead into a screen where it said, "repairind disk errors, this may take over an hour" (might not have gotten the wording right). I left it on for 3 hours, nothing. My HP PC Won't Boot Up :( . It alternates between the two. When i did it once, on the "repairind disk errors, this may take over an hour" case, i went onto a... screen. (check the attachments)
    My HP PC Won't Boot Up [​IMG]
    Also, i can reset the pc, but i have microsoft office 2010 in there, and i dont think i can reinstall it (if you know of a way, plese tell me)

Thanks in advance
    slickboss

:)

slickboss21, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Tman12 Win User

Cannot Boot up Computer: Hard Disk Problems

I've had issues with my fan for a little while on my HP Envy 15. I had it when it was originally a Windows 7 PC and upgraded to 10 with no issues last year. I'm planning on replacing it later, but for now I need it to last a little while, but this morning
    it won't boot up. I was getting the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Error, and I've tried rebooting, safe mode, recovery, resetting, but it won't boot up at all for me to check what the issue is. I tried running a disk check through the command prompt, but it can't
    because the disk is write protected.

Tman12, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Post Anniversary Update Problems

After Anniversary update PC won't boot past HP splash screen. But it will boot fully after hard shutdown. Microsoft support asks me to obtain a recovery disk from HP. HP doesn't offer recovery disk. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

MichaelACollins, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

My HP PC Won't Boot Up

1. My HP PC Won't Boot Up - Similar Threads - Won't Boot

2. PC Won't Boot Normally Without External HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Boot Normally Without External HDD: HDDs in Question:- SSD, containing the OS 500GB- Original HDD 2T- New HDD 4TMy PC was running low on memory, so I purchased a new Internal HDD 4T to replace the 2T HDD. I also purchased a 5T external to copy the files from the old HDD. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the old...
  3. PC Won't Boot Normally Without External HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won't Boot Normally Without External HDD: HDDs in Question:- SSD, containing the OS 500GB- Original HDD 2T- New HDD 4TMy PC was running low on memory, so I purchased a new Internal HDD 4T to replace the 2T HDD. I also purchased a 5T external to copy the files from the old HDD. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the old...
  4. PC Won't Boot Normally Without External HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?: Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting that drive as the boot drive to enhance the performance of my Dell Alienware 17 r4 laptop. I've done an array of things,...
  6. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?: Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting that drive as the boot drive to enhance the performance of my Dell Alienware 17 r4 laptop. I've done an array of things,...
  7. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

8. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD: Hi,I recently got a new SSD and I used a USB to install Windows onto it. Windows seems to have installed successfully but I cannot use my SSD as the boot drive.In the BIOS I am forced to use Windows Boot ManagerMy Hard drive, which then prompts me to choose which OS I want to...
  9. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD: Hi,I recently got a new SSD and I used a USB to install Windows onto it. Windows seems to have installed successfully but I cannot use my SSD as the boot drive.In the BIOS I am forced to use Windows Boot ManagerMy Hard drive, which then prompts me to choose which OS I want to...
  10. Windows boot manager won't run through new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade