Windows 10: my HP printer error message - can't use usb composite device properly with usb 3.0

Discus and support my HP printer error message - can't use usb composite device properly with usb 3.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a long standing and tedious problem that keeps coming back and I really don't understand why it happens from time to time, I am a disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShirleyHawke, Dec 30, 2018.

1. my HP printer error message - can't use usb composite device properly with usb 3.0

I have a long standing and tedious problem that keeps coming back and I really don't understand why it happens from time to time, I am a disabled person and the thoughts of unplugging/uninstalling hardware is a bit scary so could do with some easy fix ideas, I am sure it's obvious to some but only if you know the answer anyway, any ideas please?

:)

ShirleyHawke, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Sephalt Win User

USB Composite Device

USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Plug the device into an available USB 2.0 port, and click Next. Otherwise, click Cancel.

The printer cable was working perfectly fine until a few weeks ago. The same problem erupted before but after several minutes on trying to fix it, the printer worked. I am aware that the USB is definitely in a 2.0 port and not a 3.0. Prior to an update (I
    think), the printer worked perfectly fine until the problem appeared. I did not remove or put the wire in any other slot and it suddenly stopped working.

I have tried to update all of the drivers under "Universal Serial Bus Controller" and everything was up to date. I also tried to then put the cable in different ports, yet nothing.

USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0.

Not fixed

If the USB 2.0 device is incompatible with USB 3.0, plugging it into a USB 2.0 port can solve the problem.

USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Informational

Some USB 2.0 devices are incompatible with USB 3.0. Plugging them into a USB 2.0 port can fix the problem.

Sephalt, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Troubleshooter said :" USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0. How do I get my printer working again?

Hi Linda,

For us to find out what causes your printer to get error message "USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0"

when trying to connect to your computer, we would like to gather more details:

• Have you tried connecting your printer to the USB 2.0 port?
    • Have you also tried reinstalling or downloading a new printer driver?

Meanwhile, you may also consider performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Dec 30, 2018
  4. my HP printer error message - can't use usb composite device properly with usb 3.0

USB composite device "driver error"

USB composite device "driver error" is appearing in device manager. Update Driver Software does not correct problem. Any suggestions?

PAULAZILLER, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

my HP printer error message - can't use usb composite device properly with usb 3.0

1. my HP printer error message - can't use usb composite device properly with usb 3.0 - Similar Threads - printer error message

2. how to update usb composite device-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to update usb composite device-: i need to download it.. i think. I cant do it autmaticaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-usb-composite-device/7d1adea4-f661-4a5a-b7be-4b70c4950ca1
  3. how to update usb composite device-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to update usb composite device-: i need to download it.. i think. I cant do it autmaticaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-usb-composite-device/7d1adea4-f661-4a5a-b7be-4b70c4950ca1
  4. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  5. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  6. WebCam error USB composite device can't work properly with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WebCam error USB composite device can't work properly with USB 3.0: My newly installed Webcam won't work and this is the error message that I get:USB composite device can't work with USB 3.o https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-error-usb-composite-device-cant-work/0822f1d7-e59a-4b41-ae4c-a7c7040f158e
  7. Developping a composite USB device using Microsoft Descriptor

Developping a composite USB device using Microsoft Descriptor: Hello, I'm currently developping a composite USB device (4 interfaces: CDC/VCOM + 2 * winusb compatible) on an embedded device (microcontroller). To facilitate my device being recognised on a computer, I'm trying to implement "Microsoft Compatible ID Feature Descriptor " and...
  8. What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't...

What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't...: I have tried every suggested fix with no luck. Please help! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-to-fix-the-trouble-shooting-message/5f2f58d0-d380-4aca-8852-691ec6083f52
  9. Missing Samsung USB Composite Device

Missing Samsung USB Composite Device: I wanted to transfer some music from my computer(a PowerSpec computer from MicroCenter) to my phone(Galaxy S9+), but when I went to plug in my phone to my computer, my computer didn't recognize it at all. No sound or pop up to notify any connection. I opened smart switch on...
  10. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 News
    USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: [ATTACH] USB 3.0 was a major breakthrough in the data transfer market. Marked by blue-colored USB ports, the USB 3.0 provided users with speeds up to 10 times of USB 2.0 (5 GBPS) thanks to which large media files and programs [...] This post USB Composite Device is an older...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb composite device cant work properly with usb 3.0 what does this mean

2. what does it mean when USB composite device cant work properly with USB 30

3. usb composite cant work propley with usb 3.0

4. Fix: USB Composite Device cant work properly with USB 3.0,
  5. usb composite - misconfigured dell,
  6. hp printer stopped working windows 10 cant use composite device usb 3.0