Discus and support My HP printer is offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something happened and my HP printer. It is always offline.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rachelljova, Mar 30, 2020.

Something happened and my HP printer. It is always offline.

:)

rachelljova, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Zaki_j Win User

HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline and there is a delay in printing.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

HP Print and Scan Doctor is an application software from HP that can help you eliminate any issues with your HP Printer or Scanner Devices. If you are having commons problem with your HP printer or scanner
    you can download, install and run HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility to easily scan for the error and troubleshoot them automatically.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you download and run the
    HP Print and Scan Doctor and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2: I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Method 2:

If your printer is slow to print, I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions from
    HP Printers - Slow Printing (Windows)

Additional Information:

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027988/windows-10-change-a-printers-status-from-offline-to-online

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Mar 30, 2020
  3. cscag Win User
    HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print

I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 a couple of weeks ago. At that time, I re-installed the HP printer s'ware as it popped up during/after the Windows 10 update. In fact, I installed twice as first attempt didn't complete. I was able to print, however,
    it took a lengthy time to do so. Then yesterday, I got the "O/L" msg, it stayed on for about a minute, then it dropped & the printing msg appeared & the print process started. It prints one line of text, pauses, then prints second line, etc until document
    printed.

With Windows 7, there would be a short delay when I hit Print, the print connect msg would pop up & the printer initiated printing continuously w/o any pause/delay.

cscag, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Zaki_j Win User

HP OfficeJet 8700 shows offline

Hi RickJacobs3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

Method 1:

I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Method 2:

I suggest you refer to the article
    Resolving Printer Offline problem using the HP Print and Scan Doctor and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see
    if that helps.

Additional Information:

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ange-a-printers-status-from-offline-to-online

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. My HP printer is offline - Similar Threads - printer offline

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  4. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  5. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  6. Printer Offline - need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Offline - need help: Need helpThe printer offline is not responsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-need-help/c0f823d9-d414-4842-884f-66e436f071f2
  7. Printer Offline - need help

Printer Offline - need help: Need helpThe printer offline is not responsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-need-help/c0f823d9-d414-4842-884f-66e436f071f2
  8. Printer Offline - need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  10. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....