Windows 10: My HP ProBook Laptop's fingerprint is not working

Discus and support My HP ProBook Laptop's fingerprint is not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey there! Thanks for reading my question. I just got this laptop a month ago. I have never used the fingerprint reader, nor have I ever thought... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by James77YT, Sep 29, 2020.

1. James77YT Win User

My HP ProBook Laptop's fingerprint is not working

Hey there!

Thanks for reading my question.

I just got this laptop a month ago. I have never used the fingerprint reader, nor have I ever thought about it. I've been wanting to use it the more I see it every day, so I go to windows settings to activate it, but it says "This option is currently unavailable" and in red it says "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint"

I tried many troubleshooting steps, like the biometric systems from Device Manager, but it wasn't even there.

I tried downloading a new one from HP, but I couldn't find it.

It's like the fingerprint exists, but the whole system thinks it doesn't exist XD

Look, I don't know a lot about computers, so I usually get lost while configuring something. But give me the instructions anyways.

Everything else works perfectly. It's just the fingerprint that's bothering me. The problem is most likely that I did something wrong, maybe the company that we bought it in because my sister bought a new Lenovo laptop on BestBuy, and they already set it up for her. They didn't do that to mine. Probably it's HP's fault because a lot of their laptops that have a fingerprint reader don't work. There's evidence here in fact.

Computers are not as simple as a phone.

Anyways, best of luck trying to help me activate my fingerprint scanner!

[This is a hard one...]

:)

James77YT, Sep 29, 2020
  2. inseolJo Win User

HP ProBook 4230S Fingerprint Reader......

HP ProBook 4230S fingerprint reader is required.

Currently unavailable.

[Forum moderator note: Moved from Korean forum]

inseolJo, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Is the fingerprint scanner of HP laptops such as the ProBook 430 G2 simply incompatible with current Windows versions?

I recently bought a refurbished HP ProBook 430 G2 in Japan. It feels new and I'm very happy with it.

I believe this model was originally sold with Windows 8 or 8.1 but it had a fresh install of Windows 10 on it when I bought it.

The laptop seems to have a fingerprint scanner below the keyboard, to the right of trackpad.

It doesn't seem to do anything. I can't find it listed in Device Manager. I can find lots of people asking similar questions on various forums but without adequate answers.

I have updated Windows 10 and updated all drivers from the HP website. I have specifically downloaded and run every version of the fingerprint scanner from HP's site that have links posted in the answers in the forums I found on this topic.

Under Sign-in Options / Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". Clicking does not lead to any solutions though.

My best theory is that Windows Hello is new and requires a specific kind of fingerprint scanner driver that is either not compatible with the sensor hardware on this laptop, or which has not had a Hello-compatible driver released for some reason.

My second theory is that perhaps my laptop has a "blank" where the fingerprint sensor would be and that it was optional and my laptop never had one but I just don't know what it should look like (-:

hippietrail, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Krop Win User

HP Probook 450 Caddy

Hi, has anyone experiences with any compatible caddy adapter for HP Probook 450 G1? Which types (manufacturers) works with this probook?
    Thank you for answer.

Thema:

1. My HP ProBook Laptop's fingerprint is not working - Similar Threads - ProBook Laptop's fingerprint

2. Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.: i recently upgraded to Windows 11 from and my fingerprint stopped working, please need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-not-working-after-upgrading-hp-probook/ece89a52-0032-46c1-a985-22cae0abdad2
  3. Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.: i recently upgraded to Windows 11 from and my fingerprint stopped working, please need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-not-working-after-upgrading-hp-probook/ece89a52-0032-46c1-a985-22cae0abdad2
  4. we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...: Hello,Hello, I have a problem with the activation of the fingerprint on my computer. I already have the driver on my computer, I checked the services and it is active and in automatic mode. I have checked the other parameters and all seems good. Except that I can't activate...
  5. we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...: Hello,Hello, I have a problem with the activation of the fingerprint on my computer. I already have the driver on my computer, I checked the services and it is active and in automatic mode. I have checked the other parameters and all seems good. Except that I can't activate...
  6. we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working

Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working: So I opened my laptop and the fingerprint reader doesn't work.I went to settings and removed it and set it up again and when I place my finger it doesn't do anything....
  8. Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working: The fingerprint scanner is not working on my laptop. It was fine yesterday, however now the option is not there. When I go to the sign in options in settings it says that "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." The laptop is less...
  9. Windows hello fingerprint not working on my hp probook g6

Windows hello fingerprint not working on my hp probook g6: I just bought a HP laptop 450 G6. When I go to Settings -> Sign in options --> Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable - We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello." In device manager it seems like I dont have the...
  10. battery for HP ProBook laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery for HP ProBook laptop: I replaced my battery 6 months ago. It will indicate 50% but will go down in a minute. Do batteries just last a few months? I have 6 email accounts on it and I do run illustrations on it for business, but it is 32 and not near full. ie I have plenty of space left. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to configure finguerprint password on hp probook 430 G6?