Windows 10: My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy

Discus and support My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, One of my friend has bought this laptop (HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac033dx) . This laptop comes with WIN 10 license. He start using it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nightearth, Sep 10, 2019.

1. My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy

Dear all,

One of my friend has bought this laptop (HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac033dx) . This laptop comes with WIN 10 license. He start using it for around 6 months.

Once he one or two applications the laptop became like toast machine superrrrrrrrrrrrr hottttt.

I reset the laptop from windows setting and it is still the same. Second step i format the laptop from a fresh WIN 10 copy and nothing is changed.

Last step I have done yesterday is moving to another OS which Linux Ubuntu. I am wondering what is the secret with Ubuntu OS why my laptop is working perfectly without any super heat and the fan is not so noisy like when the WIN 10 OS was installed on it.

I am one of big fan of the WIN 10 because it is smooth and has a lot of function and Microsoft keep updating it but what is the issue when it comes to these slim laptop. This is not this first laptop that I have noticed this issue with.

:)

nightearth, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Cooling external Fan

Hi Paul,

For us to isolate the issue with your external fan, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried connecting other USB external devices to your laptop? If yes, what was the result?
    • Have you tried connecting your external fan to another computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 10, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Sep 10, 2019
  4. My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy

Loud fan on hp 3168ngw

I have just bought my son the same laptop We already had 2 and they are both super quiet. Since buying the 3rd laptop, the fan has been on all the time, even when no apps are running. I'll be taking it back to John Lewis - but interested to know what/if
    HP support said anything about your laptop ? did they offer up any suggestions as to why this might be happening ?

CarolineJG, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy

1. My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy - Similar Threads - slim laptop very

2. My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot: So my new gaming laptop, when the cpu temp reach 70- 80 degree celcius, the fan still silent at about 3000 rpm. until it gets like 90 almost 100 and then it started to run at full speedaround 5000-6000 rpm. it's kinda scary for me, while in normal usenot game the temp is...
  3. Getting a Cooling Fan Error on my HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting a Cooling Fan Error on my HP Laptop: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop, 17.3 in. that I bought new in 2019. It's lightly used by me and appears to be clean. I'm the only user. During the first year, it was hardly used at all and kept in it's own draw in my den. This past year I use it around an hour a day, no...
  4. Fans spinning and laptop hot while idle on Windows 10 HP ENVY x360

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans spinning and laptop hot while idle on Windows 10 HP ENVY x360: [ATTACH] Hi, I am looking for some advice for my HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ed0xxx running Windows 10. As soon as I start the computer it gets hot for no reason and the fans start to kick in. I'm not sure what the issue is but I will provide some screenshots from CoreTemp...
  5. Laptop Fan Very Noisy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Very Noisy: Hello, I own a Dell Inspiron 15 7572 laptop, recently the fan of the laptop became really noisy, where the fan starts to become noiser when I launch programmes such as photoshop and even when I have a few browser tabs open, I had tried the following without any success in...
  6. Surface Pro7 very hot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro7 very hot: My new surface pro7 is getting very hot when it's in use, can hardly touch it. It is on a desk not on my lap. When the fan comes on my audio and visual lags really bad. It is only 9 months old. What can I do?...
  7. Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior

Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior: Hello, I have an asus laptop that uses the Intel Core i7 4750HQ CPU never had any problems. -I recently had a problem with the HD and decided to install a new SSD with a new Windows installation and install the old HDD simultaneously using a caddy. -A few days later I...
  8. Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much.: Hi, I've recently encountered a new issue on my new Huawei Matebook X Pro, when I close my lid, it doesn't sleep, worst of all, it won't open up either. This issue has happened twice, but every time, I was using Sketchup Pro (Software) before it and the laptop is already...
  9. the fan in my laptop iss getting very noisy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the fan in my laptop iss getting very noisy: how hard is it to change a cooling fan in my hp laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-fan-in-my-laptop-iss-getting-very-noisy/9976563c-0fbb-49b0-813c-5c7d8adccc88
  10. HP Laptop Fan runs constantly

HP Laptop Fan runs constantly: Here's my situation. It seems that after last weeks round of Windows 10 Updates, the fan on my Laptop constantly runs. I've done a lot of search on symptoms for my HP model and getting all kinds of mixed solutions and want to be sure of what to do before I start downloading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp slim very loud

2. spectre x360 fan constantly running