Windows 10: My HP SlimLine 411-a025na does not seem to like Build 1909

Discus and support My HP SlimLine 411-a025na does not seem to like Build 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, OK... this is a bit of a weird one, but maybe someone can give me some pointers with this. As with all my questions, I'll start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TJLewis, Nov 19, 2019.

1. TJLewis Win User

My HP SlimLine 411-a025na does not seem to like Build 1909

Hello Everyone,

OK... this is a bit of a weird one, but maybe someone can give me some pointers with this.

As with all my questions, I'll start with a bit of background, so you're not lost at the beginning:

The computers in our household (those that are running Windows 10, anyway!) started mentioning that the Feature Update to Build 1909 is available in the Windows Update section of the Settings App last Saturday. As we have 3 PCs that run Windows 10, and our broadband is not the fastest ever, when this happens I usually get an ISO image from Microsoft with the Media Creation Tool and burn a DVD of the latest Windows build. I can then run the setup program from within Windows 10 and allow it to update to the latest build on all three PCs.

With build 1909, I did this first on my laptop (an older model Sony Vaio, origionally from the Windows Vista era) and it installed without problem, and is now running Build 1909 perfectly happily (Citation: I'm typing this on it right now.).

And so to the problem:

I then moved on to the HP SlimLine 411-a025na desktop, which ran Build 1903 perfectly happily. This is where things started to go wrong.

The first part of the installation appeared to go OK. Then the computer did the restart following completion of the installation. A few seconds after reboot, the computer powered itself off and powered back on a few seconds later. I was then taken to a black screen (i.e. no Windows logo) with the spinning white dots and the message "Undoing changes to your computer". After about 5 rotations of the white dots, the computer powered off then on again before returning me to the same screen for a few seconds before powering off then on again (endless loop situation created).

At this point, I'd pretty much resigned myself to the probability that the Windows installation had become corrupted. So I proceeded to completely wipe and departition the hard drive (I have a number of offline backups of our data, so although an annoyance, doing this does not mean we loose any data), and did a "clean" install of build 1909.

This almost worked in the sense that I got to the "Getting Ready" portion of the reboot (right after "Setting up Devices"), and the computer then had to restart (it actually said it was going to restart). After restarting, I got the Windows 10 loading screen with the WIndows logo, but no spinning white dots. There was hard drive chatter for 10 - 20 seconds, then the PC appeared to freeze (chatter stopped, all the lock lights on the keyboard not responsive). I tried a forced power off and restart, but met with the same situation.

My temporary (I hope!) rescue has been to wipe the Hard Drive again and install Linux Mint 19. This the HP is now running perfectly happily, and if it were just me that used that PC this would be fine. Unfortunately, as this is a "family" PC, and everybody else has no experience of Linux, this is not ideal. I really need to get Windows back onto this PC at some point.

The HP has not had its hardware modified since purchase new back in 2016, with the exception of fitting a new CMOS battery to replace the dead origional, though I may upgrade the mechanical Hard Drive to an SSD in future.

Here are what I believe to be the pertinent specifications for the HP (All stock hardware):

> Intel Pentium N3700 processor (1.6 GHz)

> 8 GB RAM

> Integrated Intel HD Graphics

> 1 TB SATA Mechanical Hard Drive

> BIOS/UEFI Version A0.23

And now, my question:

Does anyone have any idea why what I've described above happened on the HP Desktop, and also does anyone know if there may be a way I can get Build 1909 installed on it?

Before I go, some additional notes:

I was a bit worried to try the Windows DVD in our other desktop (a more powerful unbranded custom build), so I used that PC to create a "Virtual PC" to try the 1909 installation first. This got to the 1st time setup part of the installation that you do with Cortana, so I reasoned that the DVD should be safe to use in that PC.

Running an upgrade installation on said PC completed successfully without problem, and like my laptop, the custom build is now running Build 1909 perfectly happily (Conclusion: The 1909 installation DVD I burned is perfectly fine).

As the HP is currently running Linux Mint 19 perfectly happily, I am reluctant to believe that there is anything hardware related wrong with that PC.

So, if anyone can offer me any ideas / suggestions as to how I might get Build 1909 of Windows 10 installed on our HP, I would be greatful.

Thanks everyone.

:)

TJLewis, Nov 19, 2019

2. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

The processor listed in spec sheet says it's dual core CPU.

Your software says it needs quad core to be happiest.

If the computer is truly custom, odds are it would be new motherboard or CPU,stick configuration of that computer was M2N68-LA motherboard,4 Gb RAM 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM,128Mb Graphics chip,500 Gb hdd, Vista Home Premium 64-bit?

What I'm reading on HP website, says it support 4Gb but, can take Quad core CPU.

HP Pavilion Slimline s5120y Desktop PC Product Specifications | HPÂ[emoji768] Customer Support

I think your software suggested higher video Ram, which would suggest video card, and POwer is 220watts only.

Don't you have someone making another computer in exchange for taking his sisters prom pictures.

When you see the custom computer from 1st guy check out the specification, what makes it custom.

4Gb Ram, and a 1 Tb HDD vs an ??

Can't advise really until you say what it really is, if upgraded.

The joy of fishing with an iPhone, can't go back pages on it, try a google search for something like, pcsforpeople.com they may have I5 dual cores. In your price range, maybe. Sell to lower income people but, other than the name don't have clue to their quality of refurbished computers.And don't know if they do slimline cases, just towers. Think I looked at site the other night.

Your in ALabama and I'm not.
    I'm editing this post now.

Frozenoem1, Nov 19, 2019
  3. dmmGGG Win User
    I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW hp 411-A00NA windows 10 preinstalled disconection of router

Hi there thanks been onto 2 of tec guys for 2 hrs and it ended d up being reinstalled to new drivers instead oif my older one here but this has all been done before just wasted 3 hrs really , one gut put it back to old driver then pages wouldnt load so
    guy just spoke to put it back to update drivers and changed ip address what a palrvour

its a hp slimline 411-a000na model 55qefus

regards

debs

dmmGGG, Nov 19, 2019
  4. My HP SlimLine 411-a025na does not seem to like Build 1909

Windows 10 update 1909

Hey,

I've just clean installed windows 10. It is build 1803.

Today awesome 1909 have launched. I want to update to 1909 but in settings it is showing me option to upgrade to 1809. My friend told me I have to upgrade to 1809, then 1903 and then finally 1909.

I want to directly upgrade to 1909 without going through intermediate steps. How can I do this?

Sarthak Purohit, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

My HP SlimLine 411-a025na does not seem to like Build 1909

1. My HP SlimLine 411-a025na does not seem to like Build 1909 - Similar Threads - SlimLine 411 a025na

2. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  3. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  4. hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc: 375039-001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-slimline-s7640la-pc/18a8a1fb-9244-4365-8ad3-8264179c86a9
  5. hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc: 375039-001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-slimline-s7640la-pc/18a8a1fb-9244-4365-8ad3-8264179c86a9
  6. hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. On my hp slimline s5710f PC, I have lost my wifi router WNR1000v3 security .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On my hp slimline s5710f PC, I have lost my wifi router WNR1000v3 security .: I have lost my home wifi security * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-hp-slimline-s5710f-pc-i-have-lost-my-wifi/9997e6d9-0d80-4bd2-b7c3-47a598e3a6fb
  8. Windows Sandbox Does Nothing 1909 Build 18363

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Sandbox Does Nothing 1909 Build 18363: I just upgraded from Windows 10 home to Win10 Education. It seems to be very similar to enterprise, and I got to upgrade for free. I just want to use the sandbox and I've spent hours trying to get it running. Virtualization is enabled in Bios, sandbox, Hyper-V, VM platform,...
  9. Display Problems on HP Pavilion Slimline

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Problems on HP Pavilion Slimline: The HP PC has been plugged in but turned off for about a year. My wife used it to watch youtube cooking videos in the den. She is a great cook by the way. It's a HP Pavilion Slim line s3521p PC. AMD Athlon X2 4096mb 500g HD with a onboard video by Nvidia GeForce 6150se...
  10. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer: I might be looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer on Friday. The business that i am purchasing it from said that it has a 1TB HD, AMD Athlon processor, and 8GB RAM. He didnt have the model number right off hand. Can y'all tell me which model lines up with...