Windows 10: My HP Spectre laptop shuts down when I unplug the power adapter? Never did this before?...

Discus and support My HP Spectre laptop shuts down when I unplug the power adapter? Never did this before?... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP shuts down when I unplug my power adapter. Battery shows fully charged but it doesn't work when I unplug the adapter.This just started happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DianneTrombley, May 16, 2019.

1. My HP Spectre laptop shuts down when I unplug the power adapter? Never did this before?...

My HP shuts down when I unplug my power adapter. Battery shows fully charged but it doesn't work when I unplug the adapter.This just started happening the other day?

:)

DianneTrombley, May 16, 2019

2. HP Spectre x360 shuts down immediatly when I unplug the power charger

hi Carlos,

Can the laptop be powered on without the lead? if this is the case, this would mean that there is an issue with Windows recognising the battery, if you can't switch this on without the power it would suggest a hardware issue.

I would look at performing a BIOS upgrade.

You should be able to find this here;

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservic...

Just make sure that you don't remove the power during the upgrade.

Failing this, it would suggest that there is a hardware issue and you may need to Speak to HP for further diagnostics

Jordan Langford, May 16, 2019
  3. HP Spectre x360 shuts down immediatly when I unplug the power charger

I have a Windows 10 HP Spectre x360, it used to work fine. But yesterday I unplugged it from the power charger and it shut down immediately. Battery was 95% and after several hours of being connected it's now at 96% which seems a very slow advance in charging.
    I have looked at many posts in this forum but nothing has worked. The only thing I could not do was update BIOS because I'm not sure I know how to do it.

Note: On my Windows Update window I have a pending update dated May 2018. When I click on update it won't do it. Not sure what is this update about: HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 7.0.2.1

Please HELP! I mostly use my laptop when plugged, but I want it to work whenever I unplug it from the charger.

Carlos

CarlosSingleton, May 16, 2019
  4. Zeeba# Win User

My HP Spectre laptop shuts down when I unplug the power adapter? Never did this before?...

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 16, 2019
Thema:

My HP Spectre laptop shuts down when I unplug the power adapter? Never did this before?...

1. My HP Spectre laptop shuts down when I unplug the power adapter? Never did this before?... - Similar Threads - Spectre laptop shuts

2. My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.: My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger. I tried the below method of troubleshooting:Unplug your Laptop and remove the batteryPress and hold the Power button for 30 secondsPlug your laptop back in and replace the BatteryStart your PC. When I perform the above...
  3. My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger.: My laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug my charger. I tried the below method of troubleshooting:Unplug your Laptop and remove the batteryPress and hold the Power button for 30 secondsPlug your laptop back in and replace the BatteryStart your PC. When I perform the above...
  4. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?: A few mouths ago I notice that the charging light on my laptop was red and the battery was drained to 62% power , now when I plug in my laptop it is drained almost completely, I have tried changing my settings doing a factory reset but nothing seems to fix it I checked for...
  5. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?: A few mouths ago I notice that the charging light on my laptop was red and the battery was drained to 62% power , now when I plug in my laptop it is drained almost completely, I have tried changing my settings doing a factory reset but nothing seems to fix it I checked for...
  6. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My HP Laptop Shut Down

My HP Laptop Shut Down: I grabbed my HP laptop in this one spot, to the right of the mouse pad, where I usually grab it when I pick it up at first. But, for the second time in two days when I picked it up my computer suddenly just shut down and restarted. Except I do that all the time, I grab it...
  8. Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged

Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged: Hi, I have an ASUS UX360CA working on a Windows 10. But lately, after my last update I think, my laptop has been shutting down in about 5 minutes after I unplug it from charging. It is on "Full Capacity Mode" using the Asus Battery Health Charging application. I tried...
  9. Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged

Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged: It started to happen after a month when i bought the laptop. I factory reset it to see if it would help and it worked normally for about 30 minutes then it shut down. Now i have to keep it plugged in all the time. Please help...
  10. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Light blinks before Shutting Down: When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp spectre x360 battery shows fully charged but shuts down when unplugged

2. hp spectre turns off when uplugged

3. hp spectre screen turns off when unplugged

4. hp spectre x360 shuts off after unplugging