Windows 10: My iCloud email wont work with mail

Discus and support My iCloud email wont work with mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i try to do it it tells me my iCloud settings arent up to date. but they are actually up to date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hi, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Hi Win User

My iCloud email wont work with mail

When i try to do it it tells me my iCloud settings arent up to date. but they are actually up to date

:)

Hi, Mar 30, 2019

2. iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Adam,

Have you checked launched he Windows Store (beta) to check for an update to the olMail App?
    Please do that before seeing if the next suggestion helps.

The information on Apple support tells me that the port#s are specific to iCloud servers. The olMail App does verifiy that you have entered the correct credentials to access the server. Maybe there's an issue with the way Windows defined the Server.

That was the other members question - how to set specific server information in the client. Neither of us found where to to that.

Mystere suggested tacking the port # onto the server as shown below. I'm looking around to try and fine where to see this information (registry? Appdata...packages?)
    imap.mail.me.com:993
    smtp.mail.me.com:587
    I haven't test that, though it sounds logical *Wink

It could just be a mismatch in the way you set it up (partial name instead of the full eMail address) or it could be a bug in the way olMail sets up iCloud when you click on that automatic setup link (previous iterations of MS mail clients had a similar bug - the work around was to manually set up the client)

I'll post what I've written so far and come back after some more testing.

Slartybart, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Apple iCloud Mail @me.com on my E72 doesnt work

Hello ,

i got a Problem.

I`d like to Synchronize my E-Mails from Apple`s iCloud Mailservice (@me.com) with my Nokia E72. But it does`nt work, i try 3 E-Mail "Apps" for Symbian, the Original Nokia Mail Client, EMZO & Profi-Mail.

It will not work, it could`nt Logging in, everytime i get a Failure Message.

i try`ed any Server Settings :

IMAP (Incoming Mail Server) information:

• Server name: imap.mail.me.com
    • SSL Required: Yes
    • Port: 993
    • Username: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
    • Password: Your iCloud password
    SMTP (outgoing mail server) information:

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
    • SSL Required: Yes
    • Port: 587
    • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
    • Username: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
    • Password: Your iCloud password
    Is it impossible to Sync E-mails with iCloud?

Shane54NYC, Mar 30, 2019
  4. My iCloud email wont work with mail

adding iCloud email account to Windows 10 Mail app

Hi Rose,

You may encounter difficulties in adding your iCloud account in the Windows 10 Mail app due to incorrect email configuration settings. Let us analyze some information to get a proper resolution. Please answer the following questions:

• Just to verify, are you receiving any error messages? If so, can you specify the error/s? You can also send us a screenshot.
    • Do you remember enabling two-step verification on your iCloud account? If yes, please turn it off or use the app password to sign in.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

My iCloud email wont work with mail

1. My iCloud email wont work with mail - Similar Threads - iCloud email wont

2. my emails wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my emails wont work: I am getting fed up now My emails are not coming through and I need this for my work as an internal verifier https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-emails-wont-work/d1eeece6-d8af-48de-b17d-9a38cdec58a8
  3. my emails wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my emails wont work: I am getting fed up now My emails are not coming through and I need this for my work as an internal verifier https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-emails-wont-work/d1eeece6-d8af-48de-b17d-9a38cdec58a8
  4. iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?: I've done some research and i'm making sure i get an app-generated password from my iCloud account but it's still not working for me. I'm getting an "attention needed" message and when i hit "fix" it tells me to enter the password, so I'm assuming it's not accepting it? Has...
  5. WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP WONT SEND EMAILS FROM MY ICLOUD ACCOUNT --- SMTP ERROR

WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP WONT SEND EMAILS FROM MY ICLOUD ACCOUNT --- SMTP ERROR: Hi There My Windows 10 mail app has always worked fine in the past with my Outlook, Gmail an iCloud email accounts...... Until recently I reinstalled the Windows 10 Mail App And Added my 3 email accounts again I added my iCloud account using the 2 step authentication -...
  6. icloud email wont load

icloud email wont load: I cant get my icloud mail to upload onto my new laptop, its not the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-email-wont-load/8621e6fa-8606-4ce3-987c-8c8df7637b06
  7. icloud not sending emails through mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    icloud not sending emails through mail app: My mail app was automatically updated on the 10th January and since then my computer won't send emails from my iCloud email. I can receive not send. I get an error message saying email has been stored in the drafts folder. I have not changed my SMTP settings they still read...
  8. icloud mail

in Browsers and Email
    icloud mail: I am trying to set up my icloud email on my windows 10 laptop. it says attention required, update the password for this account. umm the password i have entered is the same password i use for my icloud account on my iphone and ipad so i dont get what the problem is at all....
  9. iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client

iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client: Since the latest update to Windows 10 in April 2018 I have been unable to get my iCloud email in the default Windows 10 email client. I am using two-factor authentication and therefore an apple generated app password but without any success. I have tried and failed to set...
  10. iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client: Since the latest update to Windows 10 in April 2018 I have been unable to get my iCloud email in the default Windows 10 email client. I am using two-factor authentication and therefore an apple generated app password but without any success. I have tried and failed to set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud mail not working windows 10

2. icloud email not working on windows 10

3. iphone icloud pc and email doesnt work

4. icloud email wont work on windows mail,
  5. icloud mail loc:US,
  6. icloud mail not working with icloud,
  7. icloud smtp server not working,
  8. icloud email not working on windows mail,
  9. iphone error withmail yahoo,
  10. my email defaults to my icloud email address so mail doesnt work,
  11. windows mail icloud not working,