Windows 10: My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random symbols, should I be worried?

Discus and support My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random symbols, should I be worried? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TwaTwa02 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TwaTwa02, Mar 8, 2020.

1. My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random symbols, should I be worried?

/u/TwaTwa02, Mar 8, 2020

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Mar 8, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop Arrow Symbols

The arrow symbol in your screen capture is the standard arrow for a shortcut, it does not mean compression !!

For a step by step registry hack to remove these standard shortcut arrows -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Mar 8, 2020
  4. My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random symbols, should I be worried?

desktop icons have symbols on them

My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random symbols, should I be worried? 464f2231-fc23-4903-bbe6-974769f676d5.png

Why do all of my desktop icons keep getting symbols like this on them? it switches between green checkmarks and grey x's. Once there was a smaller version of the League of Legends icon on all of them. What is causing this? all icons work as intended but
    it is quite annoying.

Edit: It just switched back to the normal shortcut symbol that appears on desktop icons. I didn't do anything to change this, and I know it will just keep switching.

justmenow_, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random symbols, should I be worried?

1. My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random symbols, should I be worried? - Similar Threads - icon shortcut symbol

2. Desktop icons symbols randomly rearrange

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons symbols randomly rearrange: I have a Problem on my Windows 10 Home 10.0.19045 Desktop PC.1. Monitor: 3440x14402. Monitor 1920x1080 turned off!Windows+P Settings set to PC screen onlyProcossor: AMD Ryzen 2600Graphics Card: AMD rx 580I am not sure how it started, but my desktop icons/symbols were moved to...
  3. My uppercase accents letters are replaced with symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My uppercase accents letters are replaced with symbols: The image speaks for itself, here's how some accented letters are displayed since today. I don't know how I caused this but it's very frustrating... Anyhelp is very welcomed as I searched on the internet for the last 3 hours without finding anything on this specific problem....
  4. My uppercase accents letters are replaced with symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My uppercase accents letters are replaced with symbols: The image speaks for itself, here's how some accented letters are displayed since today. I don't know how I caused this but it's very frustrating... Anyhelp is very welcomed as I searched on the internet for the last 3 hours without finding anything on this specific problem....
  5. Remove the shortcut from @ symbol

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the shortcut from @ symbol: Hello!I have a problem, after installing some software I've got a problem when I try to click on the @ symbol.It won't write it , it just opens the software, like a shortcut.I've tried to see under properties, under shortcut, but there is no keyboard key combinations under...
  6. Remove the shortcut from @ symbol

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove the shortcut from @ symbol: Hello!I have a problem, after installing some software I've got a problem when I try to click on the @ symbol.It won't write it , it just opens the software, like a shortcut.I've tried to see under properties, under shortcut, but there is no keyboard key combinations under...
  7. Remove the shortcut from @ symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Not able to get @ symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to get @ symbol: So out of nowhere im not able to get the @ symbol. My keyboard is set to US-qwerty, my shift works and my 2 work independently but not together. Everything is up to date, drivers are the most recent and all other fuctions are working correctly. Also, all scans for curruption...
  9. New shortcut icon symbol?

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut icon symbol?: After reinstalling Windows 10 due to a problem I posted here, I started to reinstall programs. When I went to arrange the Desktop icons I noticed there are now two different styles in the shortcuts, one being the old arrow. Besides the shortcuts, a new JPG image I saved on...
  10. My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random images, should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My icon shortcut symbol keeps getting replaced by random images, should I be worried?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TwaTwa02 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffmcob/my_icon_shortcut_symbol_keeps_getting_replaced_by/