Windows 10: my icons disappeared from my desktop. Right click does not work

Discus and support my icons disappeared from my desktop. Right click does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; MY ICONS DISAPPEARED FROM MY DESKTOP. RIGHT CLICK DOES NOT WORK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulMastrangeli, Mar 13, 2019.

1. my icons disappeared from my desktop. Right click does not work

MY ICONS DISAPPEARED FROM MY DESKTOP. RIGHT CLICK DOES NOT WORK

:)

PaulMastrangeli, Mar 13, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Desktop icons

After this last update, the desktop completely changed. The desktop icons disappeared and the Start window functions also changed. There is no longer a list of programs coming up on the left side of the screen and the tiles showing on the right. Only the
    tiles aare showing up on the whole screen. A right click on the desktop does not work. All I can find are solutions from 2015.

Any suggestions?

rlknight44, Mar 13, 2019
  4. my icons disappeared from my desktop. Right click does not work

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

my icons disappeared from my desktop. Right click does not work

1. my icons disappeared from my desktop. Right click does not work - Similar Threads - icons disappeared desktop

2. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  3. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  4. my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons.": my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons." instead, it has a transparent bar on top corner.i've tried many different ways but it still doesn't work. i've also opened my "desktop icon setting" and it doesn't have anything even i ticked all....
  5. my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons.": my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons." instead, it has a transparent bar on top corner.i've tried many different ways but it still doesn't work. i've also opened my "desktop icon setting" and it doesn't have anything even i ticked all....
  6. The icons have disappeared from my desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The icons have disappeared from my desktop.: All the icons have disappeared from my desktop. How do I get them back ? I am not in tablet mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icons-have-disappeared-from-my-desktop/f167b396-ed0a-4a08-9af5-c97edee10888
  7. Right click doesn't work on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click doesn't work on my desktop: Hi everyone, I can't seem to right click on my desktop to create a new folder. I can right click on my existing icons, but I can't right click anywhere else on my desktop. I have tried going into Registry Editor under directory and removing certain folders (I followed online...
  8. Right Click on desktop does not work

Right Click on desktop does not work: I am having an issue that when I right click my desktop, the loading symbol pops up and then goes away after a minute or two. I am not in tablet mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-on-desktop-does-not-work/cde807db-63f4-4238-a929-71f601e6f214
  9. Desktop icons and right click

Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  10. Desktop right-click menu does not work

Desktop right-click menu does not work: When I right-click on the desktop, the cursor changes to a spinning icon, but I never get a menu to pop up. Right-click works everywhere else, just not on the desktop. Is is a brand new computer with Windows 10 installed. What might be wrong?...