Windows 10: My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know

Discus and support My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So,i have a windows 10 laptop i5 nvdia geforce and all that,but it's 32 bit so when i tried to play games like cs:go and fortnite they didnt't work i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MihaiDumitru, Jan 25, 2019.

1. My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know

So,i have a windows 10 laptop i5 nvdia geforce and all that,but it's 32 bit so when i tried to play games like cs:go and fortnite they didnt't work i searched youtube and i did a command someone did in a youtube video and in the comments people were saying it's working...So he said that we(the viewers) should open command prompt and use the command bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072

After that to restart our pc's and i did that...After restarting the laptop worked fine but steam and csgo wouldn't open and i tried to open cs 1.6 but it kept crashing then it said my pc ran into an problem and it needed to restart.After restarting the pc i tried to open steam and reinstalled it beacuse it didnt work after reinstalling my games wouldn't work like csgo and others woult just update but just stop ater clearing my steam cache like a steam page told me to the steam started loading then it crashed and then a small black app appeared that was steam just a small black window then everything went black i fixed the blackscreen but i got files that weren't made by me or put in certain places like a file $WINDOWS.-BIT and another and their icon looked weird i scanned for viruses but windows defender didn't get any threats what should i do alot of my files have their icon looking weird and some have $ in front of them???

:)

MihaiDumitru, Jan 25, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know

I`m trying to correct the spelling of my name on my window`s account, but don`t know how , please help.

Hi Myra,

You need to change the name of the account on the Microsoft account website. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Under your name, select Edit name. If there’s no name listed yet, select
      Add name.
    • Enter the name you want, then choose Save. Some names may not be allowed if they contain blocked words or phrases. If you get an error when you enter your name, try a nickname instead.

Let me know if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know

1. My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know - Similar Threads - Icons changed files

2. I have a virus but I don't know if this will work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a virus but I don't know if this will work.: My cpu is overheating and I guess there is a virus making my cpu overheat. Kaspersky and defender couldn't find anything. I am planning to reset my computer and reinstall the Windows. I want to keep my files but if I keep them, will virus stay? submitted by /u/Second_Rogoue...
  3. I changed my Admin name and now I don't have access to any of my files or other functions...

I changed my Admin name and now I don't have access to any of my files or other functions...: Hey all, I tried posting this on r/techsupport but for some reason it will not let me even request to post? I hope this is acceptable to post here because I really need help. Today I was bored and figured I'd change my Administration name to my nickname instead of my...
  4. I have to many partitions and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have to many partitions and I don't know why: Hello, I was cleaning some space today and while checking my partitions I found out I've got way to many and don't know why. Which one would it be safe to delete? Or what can I do to remove some of them? It looks very unpleasant and messy. [ATTACH]...
  5. I Have A Problem That I Don't Know How To Fix

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I Have A Problem That I Don't Know How To Fix: Umm... How do I fix "Unable to activate Windows"? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-that-i-dont-know-how-to-fix/d75cad29-f770-487e-95a1-638e0029539d
  6. DESKTOP ICONS HAVE NO NAMES & DON'T OPEN PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP ICONS HAVE NO NAMES & DON'T OPEN PROPERLY: I posed this question to the community about one week ago, and have yet to resolve it by performing a system restore. When I log on in the morning, my desktop comes up in its normal order, but none of the icons have their name listed below them. If I right-click one of them,...
  7. I don't have a hosts file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I don't have a hosts file: I was trying to edit the hosts file and couldn't find it. And I'm sure it's not hidden and I tried a lot. And I even updated Windows and the problem didn't work out. Can anyone help me? Thanks...
  8. I don't know why my files are sorting this way, how can I not have this?

I don't know why my files are sorting this way, how can I not have this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Electro_Mite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/envuur/i_dont_know_why_my_files_are_sorting_this_way_how/
  9. I don't know if I have a virus on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't know if I have a virus on my computer: Hello everyone, Recently after my laptop started to slow down I decided to speed up the processor by installing AMD Catalyst Control Centre for my AMD processor.When I was installing it I started to notice that the laptop sounded like it was under a load of stress . The...
  10. I changed the name of my computer & all I have in it is the users file

in Windows 10 Support
    I changed the name of my computer & all I have in it is the users file: I am having some problems after changing my laptop's name. I changed it under System in the Control Panel. The only folder in it is the users folder. My user name is incorrect & I have several NTUSER.DAT files under my user name. Where are all of my files under my computer...