Windows 10: My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen

Discus and support My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 3 monitors and my icons got moved around after startup. The issue isn't with this but it's what led to the problem. I was moving everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RubenSalazar4, Dec 18, 2020.

1. My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen

I have 3 monitors and my icons got moved around after startup. The issue isn't with this but it's what led to the problem. I was moving everything back to where they were before and everything from the 3 monitors got moved off screen. It's acting like a tablet and I want everything back and want to get rid of this "extra desktop page" but can't find a way to do it. I guess it treats my 3 monitors as one desktop page because it only snaps to two layouts, screenshot 1 and screenshot 2. I found that by clicking on the edge of one of the screens I could drag the desktop to the left or the right and see the desktop that is off screen and these two little dots appear on the bottom of the screen like you have on a tablet or phone to swipe between pages. I turned off tablet mode but this is still happening. I really need it to stop and need all my icons on my screen at the same time again and need it to stop creating these extra pages, which I still don't know how I created it. I really need some help to fix this because I can't work when I have to minimize everything to get to my icons that are off screen whenever I need to do something. Please help! My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen 8019c18d-58a9-43fc-8011-7c55dff6e7a9?upload=true.jpg My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen ce2d9e71-3556-424c-a003-7013ff1b7ae7?upload=true.jpg My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen 52864543-3d5c-4780-934c-f879c09d551d?upload=true.jpg

:)

RubenSalazar4, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen :)

3. WhyMe Win User
    how to bring window up to full screen

@2harts4ever

A suggestion if you really want full-screen function

• Right click on the Edge icon on your taskbar
    • Click on the option to 'unpin from taskbar'
    • Go to Start menu►Windows accessories►Internet Explorer and right click 'pin to taskbar'
    • Go to Settings►System►Default Apps►Web Browser
    • Change the default browser from Edge to Internet Explorer

WhyMe, Dec 18, 2020
  4. My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen

Can't move desktop icons to bottom row of the screen

Hello,

We appreciate your earnest effort to reach out with Microsoft Community. We understand that you were unable to move desktop icons to the bottom row of the screen due to certain changes in Windows 10. To help you accomplish the task, we recommend that you
    follow the steps below.

• Right click on empty space on desktop; then click View.
    • On the dropdown, select Auto arrange icons.

Check if that resolves your concern.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen

1. My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen - Similar Threads - icons moved off

2. Icon I can't get off my screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon I can't get off my screen: HiA faded xbox console icon has appeared on my laptop screen and I can't remove it. It briefly changes hue when interacting with the taskbar. Can you help please?...
  3. Icon I can't get off my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon I can't get off my screen: HiA faded xbox console icon/shortcut has appeared on my laptop screen and I can't remove it. Can you help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-i-cant-get-off-my-screen/e5812c7e-f716-4aae-9604-6bd4a589729b
  4. Icon I can't get off my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon I can't get off my screen: HiA faded xbox console icon/shortcut has appeared on my laptop screen and I can't remove it. Can you help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-i-cant-get-off-my-screen/e5812c7e-f716-4aae-9604-6bd4a589729b
  5. Taskbar - Clicking Icons no longer brings them to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar - Clicking Icons no longer brings them to full screen: Since Windows 11 - sometimes an app will open to full screen when clicked from taskbar and sometimes they won't. Adobe programs almost never open. What's up?...
  6. Taskbar - Clicking Icons no longer brings them to full screen

Taskbar - Clicking Icons no longer brings them to full screen: Since Windows 11 - sometimes an app will open to full screen when clicked from taskbar and sometimes they won't. Adobe programs almost never open. What's up?...
  7. Shortcut to bring all windows back to the main screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to bring all windows back to the main screen?: Is there a keyboard shortcut to bring all windows back to the main screen at once?I have differing numbers of displays and in different positions between my home and office workspaces. When I want to resume work from a different location, I'm finding it tedious to remember...
  8. Shortcut to bring all windows back to the main screen?

Shortcut to bring all windows back to the main screen?: Is there a keyboard shortcut to bring all windows back to the main screen at once?I have differing numbers of displays and in different positions between my home and office workspaces. When I want to resume work from a different location, I'm finding it tedious to remember...
  9. Can't move desktop icons off-screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move desktop icons off-screen: Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an icon a little bit out of screen Windows just won't let me. How do I fix this? I tried changing the regedit entry...
  10. App icons on start up screen moved. How do I move them back

in Windows 10 Support
    App icons on start up screen moved. How do I move them back: All installed apps on my pc were shown as icons with description in a docking bar on the left side my start screen when I left clicked the windows icon on my taskbar. Now when I click that icon, I just get two icons at top left "pinned apps" and "all apps". When I click on...