Windows 10: my icons on my desktop

Discus and support my icons on my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot find my icons on my desktop. Wondering if my computer is set to tablet mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarbaraHill5, Jul 6, 2019.

1. my icons on my desktop

I cannot find my icons on my desktop. Wondering if my computer is set to tablet mode.

:)

BarbaraHill5, Jul 6, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 6, 2019
  4. my icons on my desktop

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

my icons on my desktop

1. my icons on my desktop - Similar Threads - icons desktop

2. Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?: Hi! I just got a new laptop the other day, and for some reason all of my app shortcut icons have changed to a plain white document icon. See below: [img] Why did this happen and more importantly, how do I fix it? For convenience and aesthetic purposes. iTunes is the only...
  3. Desktop icons and files are missing, unable to create shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons and files are missing, unable to create shortcut: Hi everyone. I am having a problem after virus infecting (actually it happened few months ago). After removing the virus, my desktop icons and files on desktop are not shown, while they are still in Desktop folder. Also, I can't create new shortcut. So how can I fix it? Thank...
  4. desktop icon spacing problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icon spacing problem: Windows updated my computer and now the spacing between the desktop icons is huge, and I do not want to dig into the registry editor to solve this because it is annoying. Does Mircosoft made something in the settings panel which allows users to adjust the desktop icon...
  5. Saving Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Desktop Icons: Hi, I would like to save my Desktop Icons positions, without using a 3rd party app like DesktopOK. I've read somewhere that if you open a .txt file, enter something, close the window, but don't click Save, leave that window open, then Log off, Windows will prompt you to save...
  6. Desktop Icons - Problem remembering icon positioning + random sorting

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Problem remembering icon positioning + random sorting: Hi all, I have a small issue where every once in a while my desktop icons would not remember their previous position, and I had to sort them again. This problem still occurs, but now I can even reproduce the issue 100% by moving 1 set icon to a new position that will cause...
  7. Every so often WIndows decides to reshuffle my desktop icons :-(

in Windows 10 Support
    Every so often WIndows decides to reshuffle my desktop icons :-(: My Windows 10 installation typically about once per week gets into a mode, where moving or placing a single icon on the desktop from one place to another leads to a complete reshuffle of my entire desktop. I absolutely *HATE* that! I have disabled all Explorer settings re....
  8. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  9. Font on desktop icons

Font on desktop icons: I have just had an update and for some reason the font on desktop items are much less legible. I have spent lots of time following previous advice on this subject but am at a loss as none of the replies apply to the routes available on the display settings. Please help....
  10. my desktop icon open with Google search engine

my desktop icon open with Google search engine: my desktop icons open up with google, how can I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icon-open-with-google-search-engine/0ac9edea-dd01-4cb2-b800-c5c250447b9b