Windows 10: My iMac does not show in Network

Discus and support My iMac does not show in Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click Network in the Internet Explorer, I do not see my iMac. However, if I enter into Run, "MY-IMAC", the shared files appear. The WorkGroup is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rtcary, Jan 21, 2021.

1. rtcary Win User

My iMac does not show in Network

When I click Network in the Internet Explorer, I do not see my iMac. However, if I enter into Run, "MY-IMAC", the shared files appear. The WorkGroup is set the same for both computers and I have the IP for the iMac set in both WINS (192.168.1.2). No doubt, I'm missing some setting.
    Thank you for any assistance.
    Todd

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro build 19041.746

:)

rtcary, Jan 21, 2021

2. imac computer recognition on the network

My pc computer shows up on the network but not my imac computer.

How can I get my network see my imac computer?

LouKirschner, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jan 21, 2021
  4. My iMac does not show in Network

Network card not showing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Are you using router?

• Are you getting any error message?

Is you are using router then I suggest you to reset the router and check if the issue persist.

Also I suggest you to update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

My iMac does not show in Network

1. My iMac does not show in Network - Similar Threads - iMac does show

2. Imac

in Windows 10 Customization
    Imac: The problem is on my imac the apple side the wifi works completely fine how ever on the bootcamp windows side the speed reduces from 180 down to 20 or 30. What can I do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imac/b2a45684-3389-492c-8a64-b0320614a3af
  3. Does Resource Monitor Network show all network activity on my PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Resource Monitor Network show all network activity on my PC?: Dear all I have often used Windows own inbuilt Resource Monitor Network, to monitor upload and download traffic in real-time on my PC. 1. Can I be sure, that Resource Monitor Network show all and every network activity on my PC? And that there is no download / upload...
  4. Does Resource Monitor Network show all network activity on my PC?

Does Resource Monitor Network show all network activity on my PC?: Dear all I have often used Windows own inbuilt Resource Monitor Network, to monitor upload and download traffic in real-time on my PC. 1.Can I be sure, that Resource Monitor Network show all and every network activity on my PC?And that there is no download / upload activity,...
  5. My own PC in "network" sometimes does not show

My own PC in "network" sometimes does not show: hi guys, Random error, sometimes i don't see my own PC under "network" in the list of computers, i can see the other PC we have in the network, and if i go on the url bar and go \\MY_PC then i can see its shared files, then it magically appears in the list on the left hand...
  6. I do not see my iMac on the Network

I do not see my iMac on the Network: When I click Network in the Internet Explorer, I do not see my iMac. However, if I enter into Run, "MY-IMAC", the shared files appear. The WorkGroup is set the same for both computers and I have the IP for the iMac set in both WINS 192.168.1.2. No doubt, I'm missing some...
  7. Network credentials for external drive on iMac

Network credentials for external drive on iMac: Hi, this is a weird one for me. I have a brand-new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 and I'm trying to set it up to access a Seagate Backup Plus drive connected via USB to an iMac running OS X Catalina 10.15.2. Interestingly, I can get to shares...
  8. Does Microsoft make a Windows 10 for imac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Microsoft make a Windows 10 for imac: Does Microsoft make a Windows 10 for imac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-make-a-windows-10-for-imac/c93148fd-d570-4102-a560-d9e8689f08fe
  9. imac computer recognition on the network

imac computer recognition on the network: My pc computer shows up on the network but not my imac computer. How can I get my network see my imac computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imac-computer-recognition-on-the-network/c67fcc3e-f905-4cb3-a6eb-48d1178d8200
  10. My computer does not show up in the network

My computer does not show up in the network: In windows explorer under "network," all of my computers show up except for the computer I am working on. It does show up under media devices, but not as a computer, and it doesn't show up as a computer on my other computers, either. Sometimes it will show up as an...