Windows 10: My image file png, jpf, and jfif are all looking broken and weird, and there’s a bunch of...

Discus and support My image file png, jpf, and jfif are all looking broken and weird, and there’s a bunch of... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so recently i checked up on a usb that i haven't used in a while, and well everything was different, all my images looked extremely strange example:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexBergmann, Jul 24, 2021.

1. My image file png, jpf, and jfif are all looking broken and weird, and there’s a bunch of...

so recently i checked up on a usb that i haven't used in a while, and well everything was different, all my images looked extremely strange example: https://imgur.com/gallery/fEXct7F and they're were these new files that where just there example: https://imgur.com/a/i2bf45c and i dont really know what caused this to happen, and idk if these corrupted files can harm my pc?

:)

AlexBergmann, Jul 24, 2021
  2. maxwelwp Win User

.jpg vs .jfif extension

In the last few months, every windows update changes the registry setting for saving jpeg images from .jpg to .jfif. Why is this continually changing even after I change the registry setting back to .jpg?

As a side note, the image I am saving is NOT a .jfif file and I do not have the option to save as a .jpg from the file save window. Only after changing the registry setting back to .jpg am I able to save with a .jpg extension.

maxwelwp, Jul 24, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 24, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

My image file png, jpf, and jfif are all looking broken and weird, and there’s a bunch of...

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

My image file png, jpf, and jfif are all looking broken and weird, and there’s a bunch of...

1. My image file png, jpf, and jfif are all looking broken and weird, and there’s a bunch of... - Similar Threads - image file png

2. most of my images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    most of my images are jfifs: hellomost of my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  3. most of my images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    most of my images are jfifs: hellomost of my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  4. most of my images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  6. images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  7. images are jfifs

8. Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default?: If I see a .jpg and want to save it as a .png, I have to change the "save as type" drop-down from .jpg, to "All Files" and then manually add ".png" to the end of the image. Is there a way to change this to save all images as .png by default? If there's not a way to achieve...
  9. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  10. File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...