Windows 10: My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted

Discus and support My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My photos from and sd card are showing up gray bixes. Some with a mountain picture in them, some with a white exclamation point. I know my SD card js... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jaminjami, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Jaminjami Win User

My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted

My photos from and sd card are showing up gray bixes. Some with a mountain picture in them, some with a white exclamation point. I know my SD card js corrupted, but i ly some of the pics look like this. After reading another thread it was advised to check the file type if my images...they say Jpg on face value but when running it through checkfiletype.com it says it is a data file. Any idea how to change these back to jpeg, raw, or png, or any image file!?I've tried about 11 different repair/restore photos programs as well as ran numerous checks/scans/fixes via windows command prompt...pretty

:)

Jaminjami, Dec 7, 2022

2. exclamation point

Hi, raegenbramlet.

We're glad to help you out. May I know if what's the last thing you did with your phone before you've seen the exclamation point?

Exclamation means that you're phone has been going through a hard reset. We suggest to plug in your phone and let the reset finish.

Please note that by performing a reset will delete your Personal Data and
    Settings.

Hope this works for you.

Shaira Cay, Dec 7, 2022
  3. testemo Win User
    Exclamation point. Uhm... HUH???

Seriously. I load a profile, and ATITool shows an exclamation point. That's it. That's all the info it gives me. No popup with "error setting uhm... something," no item marked in red or somesuch, it just simply has an exclamation point. I dug through the wiki, but, couldn't seem to find it mentioned there either. The speeds all seem to be set correctly as nearly as I can tell, and I see no signs of errors. I see no artifacts. Games run fine. As nearly as I can come up with here, it just seems like it's popping up an exclamation point for no reason at all, but, it'd help if I at least knew what it meant...

testemo, Dec 7, 2022
  4. MeeAnders Win User

My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted

WiFi Network Icon with exclamation point

When I click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar, it shows a list of available WiFi networks. Some of the networks have an exclamation point in a symbol that looks like a shield. See the picture I posted. Can anyone please tell me what the that mean?

My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted eb4e6a3f-8f98-49ed-8d1a-5837008bd65a.png

MeeAnders, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

1. My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted - Similar Threads - images are grayed

2. How do I gray out an image icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gray out an image icon?: I have a image in PNG format to use it as an icon on a button. It represents a button in an app. I want to make the effects so that this image conveys that the objects of a certain type represented by the icon are all unselected. How do I do this with paint 3-D in. I think...
  3. How do I gray out an image icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gray out an image icon?: I have a image in PNG format to use it as an icon on a button. It represents a button in an app. I want to make the effects so that this image conveys that the objects of a certain type represented by the icon are all unselected. How do I do this with paint 3-D in. I think...
  4. My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted: My photos from and sd card are showing up gray bixes. Some with a mountain picture in them, some with a white exclamation point. I know my SD card js corrupted, but i ly some of the pics look like this. After reading another thread it was advised to check the file type if my...
  5. My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted

My images are grayed out with an exclamation point. I now know they are corrupted: My photos from and sd card are showing up gray bixes. Some with a mountain picture in them, some with a white exclamation point. I know my SD card js corrupted, but i ly some of the pics look like this. After reading another thread it was advised to check the file type if my...
  6. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image restore caused corrupt junction points: After unsuccesfully trying to migrate to the new intel VROC/RSTe drive without reinstalling, I restored back the Windows 10 image to traditional AHCI-attached drive.Windows got restored without visible errors, booted up.But I see all the system default junction points...
  7. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image restore caused corrupt junction points: After unsuccesfully trying to migrate to the new intel VROC/RSTe drive without reinstalling, I restored back the Windows 10 image to traditional AHCI-attached drive.Windows got restored without visible errors, booted up.But I see all the system default junction points...
  8. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

9. public wifi with shield and exclamation point in it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    public wifi with shield and exclamation point in it.: How to reconnect to public wifi. I was connected before, but now couldn't connect anymore. It says internet access but could not load google chrome and other search engine....
  10. Exclamation point Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exclamation point Icon: I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer can see the drive and will boot into "Normal" mode. I have now discovered that, when looking at "This PC," that there is an...