Windows 10: My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip...

Discus and support My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I am using multiple tabs on my laptop and using a particular tab, the other tab which is open on the screen turns a bit darker. NOw when I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rahil Shah1, Aug 6, 2022.

1. My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip...

When I am using multiple tabs on my laptop and using a particular tab, the other tab which is open on the screen turns a bit darker. NOw when I have to take a screen snip of any part of the screen the screen stays darker I can see the parts of the inactive tab but the screen snip will also come darker I am therefor unable to screen snip properly. see image below of the screen snip the screen snip tab was active so the chrome and explorer tabs turned to this shade the snip is same as the attached picture below. How to resolve this?

:)

Rahil Shah1, Aug 6, 2022

2. Screen snip not displaying snips

hi,

I'm using Win10 Enterprise LTSC, I have been using Screen snip and it works well, but today when I take a snip the snip is not displayed, I've tried rebooting but this didn't make any difference, I checked Apps and Features and screen snip is not listed in it. The steps I took are: Click on Action Centre, select Screen snip, the screen snip icon appears on the top of the screen, screen goes grey and cursor turns into a crosshair, I select the area for the snip but nothing happens, the screen snip application should launch but it doesn't. Any ideas how to fix this?

Frank

FrankGriffin- [O365], Aug 6, 2022
  3. How to blur my snap shot in Snip & Sketch?

How to blur my snap shot in Snip & Sketch?

Eason Neoh, Aug 6, 2022
  4. My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip...

Unable to mail the snipped clip from Snipping tool option on Windows 10.

Hello Jensheahan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which mail application are you using on the computer?
    • Which is the default mail application set on the computer?
    • Is any mail client installed on the computer other than Mail app?

You will be able to select the mail application to send using Snipping tool by setting a default mail application on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if you are able to mail the snipped clip.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Windows Live Mail and select the top most search result.
    • From the dialog box select the application to set as default and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Open snipping tool, snip a clip and check if you are able to mail the clip using
      Windows Live Mail.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip...

1. My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip... - Similar Threads - inactive tab gets

2. My tabs keep blurring when my mouse isn't moving on them, and I am getting really annoyed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My tabs keep blurring when my mouse isn't moving on them, and I am getting really annoyed.: My tabs keep blurring when my mouse isn't moving on them, and I am getting really annoyed. This problem has been there for a few days, and it affects several tabs. How do I fix it?...
  3. My tabs keep blurring when my mouse isn't moving on them, and I am getting really annoyed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My tabs keep blurring when my mouse isn't moving on them, and I am getting really annoyed.: My tabs keep blurring when my mouse isn't moving on them, and I am getting really annoyed. This problem has been there for a few days, and it affects several tabs. How do I fix it?...
  4. I am unable to sign into my PC. I am only faced with a blurred screen with accessibility...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign into my PC. I am only faced with a blurred screen with accessibility...: I am able to boot to the main windows 10 page but can't sign in. If i try to reset my pc, repair on startup, or use command prompt to scan and repair my folders, i get erroes saying it is unable to work. I did a chkdsk prompt and it said it made repairs but still running into...
  5. I am unable to sign into my PC. I am only faced with a blurred screen with accessibility...

I am unable to sign into my PC. I am only faced with a blurred screen with accessibility...: I am able to boot to the main windows 10 page but can't sign in. If i try to reset my pc, repair on startup, or use command prompt to scan and repair my folders, i get erroes saying it is unable to work. I did a chkdsk prompt and it said it made repairs but still running into...
  6. Why is my screen darkening when I switch tabs?

Why is my screen darkening when I switch tabs?: Everytime I alt-tab, or switch windows, my screen will darken significantly. It doesn't matter if it is between two chrome tabs or a word tab and some other application. My computer is up to date and I am on windows 11. The only way I am able to temporarily fix the issue is...
  7. Why is my screen darkening when I switch tabs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my screen darkening when I switch tabs?: Everytime I alt-tab, or switch windows, my screen will darken significantly. It doesn't matter if it is between two chrome tabs or a word tab and some other application. My computer is up to date and I am on windows 11. The only way I am able to temporarily fix the issue is...
  8. My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip...: When I am using multiple tabs on my laptop and using a particular tab, the other tab which is open on the screen turns a bit darker. NOw when I have to take a screen snip of any part of the screen the screen stays darker I can see the parts of the inactive tab but the screen...
  9. I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive: This is my first time making a post in this forum. Yesterday I updated my HP laptop and when my laptop restarted, it prompted me to the Bitlocker Key page. I tried accessing My Accounts https://myaccount.microsoft.com/device-list to get the key for my device but unfortunately...
  10. I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive: This is my first time making a post in this forum. Yesterday I updated my HP laptop and when my laptop restarted, it prompted me to the Bitlocker Key page. I tried accessing My Accounts https://myaccount.microsoft.com/device-list to get the key for my device but unfortunately...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My inactive tab gets darkened or blurred when not using it. I am unable to take screen snip in such cases. How to resolve thi]