Windows 10: My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...

Discus and support My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ive tried to install drivers ive tried to disable keyboard in device manager ive tried everything online an it just wont work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by geo dykes, Dec 6, 2023.

1. geo dykes Win User

My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...

ive tried to install drivers ive tried to disable keyboard in device manager ive tried everything online an it just wont work

:)

geo dykes, Dec 6, 2023

2. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Dec 6, 2023
  3. dell inspiron windows 7 keyboard wont type all of the letters

keyboard wont type all of letters

RobertMurphy7, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Mark_GSU Win User

My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...

Random Letters Typing

When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I type. This also seems to occur randomly. The touchpad is turned off. Also, H is almost always capitalized when it is the second letter of the first word of a sentence - I thought this was my poor typing, but it is consistently H that does it. A few other letters also do that, so perhaps that one is on me, but I don't generally have that problem on other keyboards.

Steps I have tried to fix it:

1. Uninstall and reinstall keyboard drivers.

2. Keyboard troubleshooting wizard.

3. Checked sticky keys and language settings.

4. Downloaded Synaptics driver database for the touchpad.

5. Used an external keyboard - and these problems do not occur on the external keyboard.

This has occurred since I originally set up the computer.

Note: While typing this question, the window maximized to 'fill' in the middle for no apparent reason.

Mark_GSU, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

1. My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it... - Similar Threads - inbuilt external keyboard

2. My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...

in Cortana
    My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...: ive tried to install drivers ive tried to disable keyboard in device manager ive tried everything online an it just wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-and-external-keyboard-both-wont-let-me/dd81c86c-f0cc-45b2-bcc6-8c160a5e7ff7
  3. My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...: ive tried to install drivers ive tried to disable keyboard in device manager ive tried everything online an it just wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-and-external-keyboard-both-wont-let-me/dd81c86c-f0cc-45b2-bcc6-8c160a5e7ff7
  4. im not able to type capital letters or special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im not able to type capital letters or special characters: whenever i hold shift to use a capital letter it doesn't work same for special characters it works fine with caps lock on but I need special characters too and its just a pain to copy the character i want so i just want some answers....
  5. im not able to type capital letters or special characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    im not able to type capital letters or special characters: whenever i hold shift to use a capital letter it doesn't work same for special characters it works fine with caps lock on but I need special characters too and its just a pain to copy the character i want so i just want some answers....
  6. im not able to type capital letters or special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. microsoft wont let me type in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft wont let me type in: I have a problem with my Microsoft wont let me type in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-type-in/c17518d6-9a29-4e47-bd27-1c5dd7260330
  8. microsoft wont let me type in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft wont let me type in: I have a problem with my Microsoft wont let me type in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-type-in/c17518d6-9a29-4e47-bd27-1c5dd7260330
  9. microsoft wont let me type in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Keyboard not letting me type consecutive letters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not letting me type consecutive letters: My keyboard was fine a few hours ago, however now whenever I try to type, it won't register 2 consecutive letters together. For example if I tried to type "Google", only "Gogle" would show up. Also after each letter I type, I hear this ticking noise coming from the computer....