Windows 10: My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..

Discus and support My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet connection has become unstable and will disconnect periodically . The "trouble shooter" does not detect any problems. I have had to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paul33625, Apr 7, 2020.

1. paul33625 Win User

My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..

My internet connection has become unstable and will disconnect periodically . The "trouble shooter" does not detect any problems. I have had to reset the modem several times turn on/off. Spectrum, my internet/cable company had some service issue syesterday which fixed the cable iand the interent bu tnot completely form a remote location ,internet locally and still hasn't fixed the problem.

My connect signal also shows its weak periodically. I have updated the driver and still no help. What can I do.?

:)

paul33625, Apr 7, 2020

2. Overclock suddenly unstable?

Usb connections make some boards unstable

francis511, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Apr 7, 2020
  4. dpignot2 Win User

Secure connections to computers from outside LAN are unstable

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't think either option is correct. As I said, the remote connections worked for months before suddenly stopping. In checking my upload speed, it is the same as it was before the problems (20 Mbps). The laptop I used for the test was my personal laptop (it just happened to be at work). There should be no restrictions on it.

dpignot2, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc.. - Similar Threads - insterent connection has

2. My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly: Hello,I have a lenovo laptop and it has been working like a butterreally good ever since I bought it. I work on the laptop for 7-8 hours a day. But since last one week, my laptop has suddenly slowed down and hangs every five minutes.Last week, I visited a few adult websites...
  3. My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly: Hello,I have a lenovo laptop and it has been working like a butterreally good ever since I bought it. I work on the laptop for 7-8 hours a day. But since last one week, my laptop has suddenly slowed down and hangs every five minutes.Last week, I visited a few adult websites...
  4. My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Laptop has suddenly become very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop has suddenly become very slow.: Recently I had a game in laptop RDR 2 which worked very smooth at Graphic Settings on medium and I used to play it whole day without any lag or error.But one day I updated my laptop including software, firmware and windows update I updated it for 2nd time in 2 years and the...
  6. My Laptop has suddenly become very slow.

My Laptop has suddenly become very slow.: Recently I had a game in laptop RDR 2 which worked very smooth at Graphic Settings on medium and I used to play it whole day without any lag or error.But one day I updated my laptop including software, firmware and windows update I updated it for 2nd time in 2 years and the...
  7. My PC has suddenly become so slow it's unusable

My PC has suddenly become so slow it's unusable: So my PC was running fine up until last week. All of a sudden I went to turn it on, when it starts up it is too slow and laggy to do anything. I can't even open my settings. Is this a Virus or is there some other problem? My specs are still fairly up to date and my storage...
  8. windows 10 has become slow and unstable

windows 10 has become slow and unstable: windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-become-slow-and-unstable/8d18645d-d6c6-4c8c-a7d7-5d6865bac831
  9. My Mail app has become unstable

My Mail app has become unstable: Trying to compose an email this morning and the app keeps shutting down. When I look in drafts, it won't load the email and will eventually shut down again. I can reopen the app and browse through received mail, but whenever I start to create an email, it shuts down. I am...
  10. Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 sudden extremely slow connection and connection unstability.: The OS was operating perfectly fine, 500kb/s average download speeds which is normal for me. Suddenly one day, plummeted down to 10-20kb/s and slowly drops to 0. Ive tried scanning for viruses, no effect. Ive disabled firewalls, no effect. Played around with settings,...