Windows 10: My integrated microphone/headset jack does not work - this happened after the windows 10...

Discus and support My integrated microphone/headset jack does not work - this happened after the windows 10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a DELL Latitude 5480. My machine was updated to windows 10 about 6 months ago - and now my integrated microphone/headset jack does not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DBA_12345, Sep 23, 2019.

1. DBA_12345 Win User

My integrated microphone/headset jack does not work - this happened after the windows 10...

I have a DELL Latitude 5480. My machine was updated to windows 10 about 6 months ago - and now my integrated microphone/headset jack does not work. Prior to the upgrade, when I plugged my headphones in , a window prompted me to ask if I was plugging in speakers or speakers/headphones and microphone.

I have tried to update the drivers on my microphone, adjusted the privacy settings, tried to disable/re-enable my speakers/microphone jack - with no success.

:)

DBA_12345, Sep 23, 2019

2. Analog Headset Not Working Properly in Front Jack

Hi Carter,

Please answer the below questions to get a better clarity on the issue.

• Does the headset has 2 different jack?

• What is the make and model of the stereo headset?

If you are using a single jacked headset with an integrated microphone, please be informed that this headset won’t work in computers as the headset should have a dual jack for speaker and microphone to work in the Computer.

If you are using a double jacked headset, please refer to the below article and try the troubleshooting steps explained.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...67a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Let us know if you need further assistance for Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 23, 2019
  3. microphone jack not working

So i finally decide to buy a headset, and i plugged the headphone jack into the audio jack which works,but when it comes to microphone jack it don't work.
    it doesn't show that its a headset on windows 7 audio device, so i thought i'll try my case sound jacks..but i have 2 connectors on the case 1 is AC_97 and another is HD_Audio and i don't know which one i plug into i only have one F_audio connector on my motherboard,is that even the right socket to get my case audio jack to work?
    Someone help me please

kurosagi01, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Animgpt Win User

My integrated microphone/headset jack does not work - this happened after the windows 10...

Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

I tried both the methods mentioned, but my external microphone is still undetectable by Windows.

After connecting an external headset with microphone, headset works, but microphone doesn't. Neither the external speaker, nor the external microphone show up in the playback/recording devices list. After plugging in the integrated headset and microphone
    through 4 pin 3.5 mm jack, sound comes to headphone, but system still uses the internal microphone.

My external microphone was working fine some days back, but I am not sure what happened that it suddenly stopped working and now is even undetectable.

Animgpt, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

1. My integrated microphone/headset jack does not work - this happened after the windows 10... - Similar Threads - integrated microphone headset

2. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  3. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  4. Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10: I have a Bluetooth headset, when I connect them to my windows 10 laptop, it works only the audio but not the microphone. In bt devices it says that it's not connected as "audio and music" but only as "music". So as effect on Microsoft teams or Zoom, I can only hear through...
  5. Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10: I have a Bluetooth headset, when I connect them to my windows 10 laptop, it works only the audio but not the microphone. In bt devices it says that it's not connected as "audio and music" but only as "music". So as effect on Microsoft teams or Zoom, I can only hear through...
  6. Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10

7. The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10

The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10: I have Infinity Glide N120 Bluetooth Headphones that work fine on mobile phones, but the mic doesn't work on ASUS Vivobook Windows10. Although I can listen to the music properly on the laptop, but while using the microphone it doesn't work, I can't hear anything. The same...
  8. The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10

The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10: I have Infinity Glide N120 Bluetooth Headphones that work fine on mobile phones, but the mic doesn't work on ASUS Vivobook Windows10. Although I can listen to the music properly on the laptop, but while using the microphone it doesn't work, I can't hear anything. The same...
  9. The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10

The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10: I have Infinity Glide N120 Bluetooth headphones that work fine on mobile phones, but the mic doesn't work on the ASUS Vivobook.I already replaced my headphones once and I think it has no problem with MIC, but something related to the settings mainly.The same headphones work...
  10. Microphone XLR to 3.5mm Jack does not work on Windows 10?

Microphone XLR to 3.5mm Jack does not work on Windows 10?: Hi there, I’ve got a problem with my brand-bew I can give it back, no problem if I can’t make it work microphone oneConcept Mic-700 and my Notebook Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-72DX with Windows 10. This new microphone has an XLR to 3.5mm cable, so I can calmly connect it to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latitude 5590 headphone jack not working

2. Headset mic not recognized on Dell Latitude 5480 in Windows 10

3. headset keeps appearing phone wont work