Windows 10: My integrated webcam is being used or blocked by another application.

Discus and support My integrated webcam is being used or blocked by another application. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using an IdeaPad S340-15IWL, I tried everything from checking both Windows and Lenovo's camera privacy settings. I also made sure everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The1person-, Mar 2, 2021.

1. My integrated webcam is being used or blocked by another application.

I'm using an IdeaPad S340-15IWL, I tried everything from checking both Windows and Lenovo's camera privacy settings. I also made sure everything is updated, stoping all apps that use the camera, deleted the driver and installed it automatically and when that didn't work I installed it manually from Lenovo without any luck.

This message appears on the driver till now but I think it's a false positive.

Device USB\VID_174F&PID_2426&MI_00\6&36fbde15&0&0000 requires further installation.

After a while, I figured out that another application is apparently using my camera. Bothe Lenovo Vantage and other webcam tests mention that so I installed procexp, ran as admin & searched for "#vid" but the only process is "System" and there's a lot of them, I didn't want to mess with "System", sounds like a bad idea.

Then I reset my device while keeping personal files, but that didn't change anything. I did all the things mentioned above after the reset, the issue still persists.

*Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

* I also made sure it's not F8.

submitted by /u/The1person-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The1person-, Mar 2, 2021

2. Integrated webcam not working

Hello,

0xA00F4244 error code may be caused by an antivirus software that's blocking the camera or it could be an outdated webcam driver. Follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Disable antivirus.

In your antivirus app, look for settings related to blocking access or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Method 2: Check for an outdated webcam driver.

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select
      Properties
    • Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes
      stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
    • If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.

Method 3: Roll back your webcam driver.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose
      Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
    • After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Method 4: Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall >
      Delete the driver software for this device
      , and then select OK.
    • In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select
      Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If your webcam still doesn’t work, try looking for help on the webcam manufacturer’s website.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Webcam and Photos blocked by Anniversary Update

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

As you are facing issues with the photo app I suggest you to follow the below method.

Method 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

For the issue related to webcam I suggest you to perform the below steps.

Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Flerovium Win User

My integrated webcam is being used or blocked by another application.

Integrated webcam suddenly pixelated

Hello,

Recently I've been struggling using my integrated webcam on my Windows 10 laptop.

When booting up the laptop, the camera works as normal. However, if the camera is active as I tilt the laptop screen forwards or backwards, it becomes disabled for a second with error message <ActiveCameraUnplugged>. When the camera turns on again, it's
    highly pixelated and will not return to normal until I reboot.

Since this is fixed when rebooting, I suspect this is a software issue, but I haven't been able to fix it.

Device information

• Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop
    • Integrated webcam: Realtek DMFT - RGB

I have already tried the following

• Uninstall the integrated webcam driver (from device manager) and restart the machine
    • Ensuring Windows is updated
    • Ensuring Dell update is updated

Any help is appreciated!

Flerovium, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

My integrated webcam is being used or blocked by another application.

1. My integrated webcam is being used or blocked by another application. - Similar Threads - integrated webcam being

2. Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System: My camera is being blocked or used by another process. I've tried three cameras and gotten the same results so its not the cameras. I tested them and get the result that "Your webcam is being used or blocked by another program". Tried all the canned MS fixes. The cameras work...
  3. Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System: My camera is being blocked or used by another process. I've tried three cameras and gotten the same results so its not the cameras. I tested them and get the result that "Your webcam is being used or blocked by another program". Tried all the canned MS fixes. The cameras work...
  4. Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  6. integrated webcam

integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  7. This device is being used by another application

This device is being used by another application: Hello. It’s me again. I’ve had a very annoying problem where audio stops playing all of a sudden in Windows for no reason. I try to see what the problem is and it says that the device was being used by another application. I tried ro disable exclusive control but it still...
  8. integrated webcam

integrated webcam: I have an HP 15 ac 103na laptop. When I try to open camera or virtual webcam I am told it cannot We can't find hour camera. Have tried for three days now everything correct re apps. Any help appreciated....
  9. Integrated webcam not being detected Dell PC

Integrated webcam not being detected Dell PC: Integrated webcam not being detected Dell PC Drivers are fine, Camera App is installed and enabled, I reset the Camera App and re-started the PC, when I go to Microsoft store and try to install camera app it says that the app is already installed but then when I go to a...
  10. Web Cam is blocked or in use in another application

Web Cam is blocked or in use in another application: My web cam works fine when plugged in to my laptop, but video doesn't work on my desktop. The sound comes through fine on the desktop. I have tried copying my drivers from the laptop and installing them on the desktop but still have the same error message on the desktop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. integrated webcam being used