Windows 10: my internal card reader has stopped working

Discus and support my internal card reader has stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My internal card reader on my Lenovo has stopped working. I recently put the same card into a mac and it worked fine so not the card. And I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GaiaHarvey Jackson, Jun 15, 2020.

1. my internal card reader has stopped working

Hi My internal card reader on my Lenovo has stopped working.

I recently put the same card into a mac and it worked fine so not the card. And I've tried other cards in the computer and it still doesn't work.

I've tried updating all the usb drivers. I can't actually find the sd port on my device manager so not sure if it's somehow uninstalled itself

:)

GaiaHarvey Jackson, Jun 15, 2020
  2. spunk Win User

Internal SD card reader not recognized

Can you explain this?
    An internal Card Reader would not connect via USB. Only an External USB Card Reader would. An internal card reader would connect with a cable directly to the motherboard and not USB.
    If an external USB Card Reader, be sure to plug the USB cable/connector into the Back USB ports of the desktop computer and not the Front or thru a Hub. As these ports diminish the power and have a hard time connecting a Mass Storage device, like a card reader.

spunk, Jun 15, 2020
  3. -Zed- Win User
    Internal card reader

Card readers are not created equal.Cheap ones have driver issues reading issues the list goes on and on and on. Thats why I asked for some info here. I dont want the best of the best but I'm willing for fork over some cash. Was hoping to get reviews of ones that people own and have tested and passed. Thanks.

-Zed-, Jun 15, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

my internal card reader has stopped working

INTERNAL MULTIPLE CARD READER

Have older case and want to add new card reader,must have usb 3.0 on it. Any good suggestions?

zplugger, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

my internal card reader has stopped working

1. my internal card reader has stopped working - Similar Threads - internal card reader

2. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  3. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  4. USB and card reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB and card reader stopped working: Both USB ports and card reader stopped working after an update. They do not show up anywhere. I've tried uninstalling USB devices and then restarting. No change. Multiple beeps on startup as when something is connected or disconnected from one of them, but nothing...
  5. TEAC Internal SD Card Reader

TEAC Internal SD Card Reader: Hello, After upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 10 Pro 32bit, the internal TEAC USB SD Card drive letters don't display in My Computer, however the drives are displaced in Device Manager. Thank you....
  6. Internal SD card reader not working.

Internal SD card reader not working.: Hi, your help please. I have tried most everything I can think of plus following advice from the internet and MS own help site like updating the drivers / updates in general / troubleshooting and so on to get the reader to work but would seem since updating from W7 to...
  7. internal sd card reader on acer laptop

internal sd card reader on acer laptop: since upgrade to win 10 from win 7, internal card reader no longer found, acer 5742 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-sd-card-reader-on-acer-laptop/b67d6ce2-9d98-46b2-ac60-0f1fd7d422f3
  8. Internal SD card reader not recognized

Internal SD card reader not recognized: Hello This is an old problem. I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized. When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown. In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD...
  9. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  10. Best way to disable internal card reader

Best way to disable internal card reader: I’m getting an issue where very occasionally windows won’t boot. It goes past post and then just sits on the ASUS logo. Where the dots at the bottom normally indicate the few secs of loading windows they will be missing. The remedy is easy as I just hit the reset button on my...