Windows 10: My internal drives disappeared after the update.

Discus and support My internal drives disappeared after the update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after the update, my drives disappeared. They were there for a while when I first rebooted after the update. I watched a movie, played games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RO.Sails, Oct 19, 2019.

1. RO.Sails Win User

My internal drives disappeared after the update.

So after the update, my drives disappeared.

They were there for a while when I first rebooted after the update.

I watched a movie, played games and everything was cool.

Then, I watched another movie and upon closing my screen froze and my mouse started moving randomly, in a jittery fashion.

I shut off my laptop and when I switched it on again, my drives were gone.

I can't even find them in Disk Management thing.

I apologies I am not tech savvy and am unfamiliar with many of the technical terms.

SAVE ME! PLEASE! All my work is on them.

I have EaseUS and they're are not there.

I can still my OS drive is there but my other two, where I store almost everything else, are gone.

:)

RO.Sails, Oct 19, 2019
  2. skitz2010 Win User

CD/DVD drive disappears completely - worn out or internal issue?

This is what Device Manager and File Explorer look like when the drive is not recognized. There is no CD/DVD drive listed whatsoever.

My internal drives disappeared after the update. [​IMG]

skitz2010, Oct 19, 2019
  3. mikelori5 Win User
    Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

mikelori5, Oct 19, 2019
  4. My internal drives disappeared after the update.

windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

My internal drives disappeared after the update.

1. My internal drives disappeared after the update. - Similar Threads - internal drives disappeared

2. After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared: Restarted the computer for an unrelated reason and the firmware update went through. When Win11 popped back up, my D: drive disappeared. I restored to a restore point, before the update, but it is still gone. It's a laptop. Rescanning Disks in Disk Management does nothing,...
  3. After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared: Restarted the computer for an unrelated reason and the firmware update went through. When Win11 popped back up, my D: drive disappeared. I restored to a restore point, before the update, but it is still gone. It's a laptop. Rescanning Disks in Disk Management does nothing,...
  4. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both internal hard drives have disappeared!: I have two internal hard drives in my PC, E and F in addition to the C drive - SSD, where I store and backup all my data.Yesterday, I was deleting some I thought unnecessary files from my oem folder, in preparation for a Windows 10 reinstall.Today, when I open the PC, both E...
  5. My Internal hardrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internal hardrive disappeared: I have a laptop and all of my internal hardrives except local disk c Is still there after 10 20 minutes my hardrive suddenly get deleted except local disk c...
  6. My Internal hardrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Internal hardrive disappeared: I have a laptop and all of my internal hardrives except local disk c Is still there after 10 20 minutes my hardrive suddenly get deleted except local disk c...
  7. My D Drive disappeared after an Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D Drive disappeared after an Update: Hello, Please suggest me solution regarding the issue I am facing with my Laptop. all of a sudden my D Drive got disappearedplease help with proper solution. my laptop got the new update and after update I am facing this issue....
  8. Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing: My HP laptop has a second internal SATA SSD drive which I normally assign to drive Z: for backups. It has worked fine to date but sometimes when I start the PC it is not found in Explorer - see below. I can easily assign the disk letter Z: in Disk Management which works for a...
  9. Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates: Can someone please tell me how to keep my internal microphone working? It is gone after windows updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-microphone-keeps-disappearing-after/58583d42-de23-48b7-8219-ccabc51f35b3
  10. Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart: I am using dell tower pc with Windows 10 operating system. I have attached 1tb additional internal hard disk labled D:. Sometimes drive is not accessible and than invisible but i am able to restore by just restarting it. It happened multiple times. IT team is saying that they...