Windows 10: My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore.

Discus and support My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I turn on my pc and connect to the internet, everything works fine for around 10mins, but for some random reason, the internet will disconnect and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Idrece Elsayah, May 25, 2024.

1. My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore.

When I turn on my pc and connect to the internet, everything works fine for around 10mins, but for some random reason, the internet will disconnect and disappear from the network. When I see the network list, nothing shows up. If I shut down my pc and turn it on again, I’ll have internet, but only for around 10mins. It’s nothing to do with the actual home internet as everything works fine for other devices. The pc use to work perfectly fine months ago, but now is acting weird.

:)

Idrece Elsayah, May 25, 2024

2. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell (Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770) with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:

One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly disconnects, I go to Device Manager, and notice the Realtek Network Adapter has totally disappeared from the list (with no option to reenable, even after finding it in Hidden devices).

I have to go through these two steps in this order to bring back internet.

1. Restart Computer
    2. and then Restart Modem Router. ( I do restart modem by unplugging/plugging back in).
    If the ethernet disconnects, Restarting the Modem won't work. Neither will Restarting Computer work. It has two be those two steps above in that specific order. I'm curious if having this resolution path, to understand why ethernet adapter disappears. If you can help target or specify why its occurring?

Already attempted this: and the problem still continues

1. Updated Dell Drivers
    2. Windows Update
    3. Network Adapter Troubleshooter
      My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore. [​IMG]

4. (a) Network Reset and (b) tried manually uninstalling/reinstalling network drivers separately
      My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore. [​IMG]

5. Tried manually downloading the software drivers at Realtek website Oops!
    6. Replace cable just in case, but the other computer in home does not have internet randomly disconnect
    7. Tried:
    1. Disable these three in Device Manager: (a) Energy Efficient Internet (b) Green Ethernet (c) Wake on Magic Packet
    I use the modem with another computer, and no issues whatsoever, until I got a new computer.

Note: this is different from previous question, since its looking at a problem/diagnosis path, rather power management settings.

MarkSmith201, May 25, 2024
  3. Anak Win User
    my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

4. onehp1 Win User

My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore.

uTorrent disconnecting my internet connection

AT&T wasn't much of a help. All they suggested was to replace my router and modem with their products.

The disconnections never happen when I surf the web

onehp1, May 25, 2024
Thema:

My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore.

1. My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore. - Similar Threads - internet couple minutes

2. My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet after a couple minutes will randomly disconnect and won’t show up anymore.: When I turn on my pc and connect to the internet, everything works fine for around 10mins, but for some random reason, the internet will disconnect and disappear from the network. When I see the network list, nothing shows up. If I shut down my pc and turn it on again, I’ll...
  3. My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...: i have unchecked the wifi adaptor button that alowes it to get turned off when it needs to save power and i have also done a network reset...
  4. My internet randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet randomly disconnects: Sometimes, my internet just disconnects randomly. It also automatically disconnects when I start it up after shutting it down. I dont think its my wifi router because ive brought my laptop to other peoples houses, used their wifi and still experienced the same issues....
  5. My internet randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet randomly disconnects: Sometimes, my internet just disconnects randomly. It also automatically disconnects when I start it up after shutting it down. I dont think its my wifi router because ive brought my laptop to other peoples houses, used their wifi and still experienced the same issues....
  6. BOOK 1connects to wifi for a couples of minutes than disconnects by itself but shows that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOOK 1connects to wifi for a couples of minutes than disconnects by itself but shows that...: Basically what the titles states. The wifi will turn, since I can't access any page thru the browser, but in WIFI it shows that it is connect to wifi and that it is connect....
  7. BOOK 1connects to wifi for a couples of minutes than disconnects by itself but shows that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOOK 1connects to wifi for a couples of minutes than disconnects by itself but shows that...: Basically what the titles states. The wifi will turn, since I can't access any page thru the browser, but in WIFI it shows that it is connect to wifi and that it is connect....
  8. Internet modem won’t show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet modem won’t show up: It will not show up at all, only a VPN connection, I can only connect to the internet if plugged in via Ethernet cable, and if I go into advanced it won’t show up either so I can’t disable/ uninstall it, I’m using a ROG STRIX a submitted by /u/fappedbunny [link]...
  9. Internet connections won’t show up

Internet connections won’t show up: ive noticed today that none of my internet connections were showing up hoping somebody could provide some knowledge on fixing pic of the problem [IMG]...
  10. WIFI keeps disconnecting after a couple of minutes

WIFI keeps disconnecting after a couple of minutes: Hi, I'm new here and I'm not very good with that kind of stuff, so please be comprehensive. I have a lenovo Y40-70 that I bought 1 year ago. I have a problem with my wifi connection, it keeps disconnecting after 5 minutes to 1 hour. It's been 1 week since I have this...