Windows 10: My internet and sound stopped working after network reset Windows 10

Discus and support My internet and sound stopped working after network reset Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After i reset my network adapter my internet stopped working and i cant access my internet options and my internet icon is now a lock icon. Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kennedy Ros, Nov 7, 2018.

1. My internet and sound stopped working after network reset Windows 10

After i reset my network adapter my internet stopped working and i cant access my internet options and my internet icon is now a lock icon. Ethernet cable doesnt work and my sound program doesnt run. What i think what happened was that since i wasnt connected to the internet my computer didnt install the drivers but that doesnt explain why i dont have sound.

:)

Kennedy Ros, Nov 7, 2018

2. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Network and sound

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

If I understand correctly issue with wifi still persists as you are unable to disconnect and it still not appear on startup and when you reboot problem with sound reappears.

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the Methods and check if the issue still persists.

Issue 1: sound

Method 1: try uninstalling the sound driver and reinstalling it.

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.

2. Select Sound, video and gaming controllers.

3. Uninstall the High definition audio driver

4. Restart the system.

Method 2: Reinstall the driver from the manufacturer website and check updating the device.

Issue 2: Network

Method 1:

Remove and re-create the wireless network connection.

To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit Enter.

2. Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Wireless Networks tab.

4. Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Remove.

5. Click View Wireless Networks.

6. Under Network Tasks, click Refresh Network List.

7. Under Choose a wireless network, click the wireless network to which you want to connect, and then click Connect.

Method 2: update the Network Drivers from Device Manager.

1. Type Windows key + X.

2. Select device manager.

3. Expand Sound Video and Game controller.

4. Select audio driver right click to update.

I suggest you to reset the Winsock and TCP/IP stack and check if it helps.

Method 3:

Step 1: Follow the steps given below to reset Winsock.

• a) Press Windows key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • b) Type “netsh winsock reset” in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    • c) Restart the computer.

Step 2: Follow the steps given below to reset TCP/IP stack.

• a) Press Windows key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • b) Type “netsh int ip reset reset.log hit” in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    • c) Restart the computer.

Refer to the below link to check how to install and update.

How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 7, 2018
  4. My internet and sound stopped working after network reset Windows 10

Windows 7 networking issue

Hi all,

Today my laptop stopped opening pages on any browser (chrome, firefox, IE). Chrome says the page request is being rejected so I googled this up but wasn't able to fix it with the suggestions I found. Windows can't connect to anything in my network( other PCs etc.) and has no internet.

The funny part about all this is that my utorrent still keeps on working inside windows.

Internet and networking works fine when I am in safe mode with networking.

I tried flushing dns, reset winsock, resetting wireless adapter, reset the router, renewed the wireless lease, disabled ipv6/ipv4 alternatively, set static ip, set manual dns and tried network diagnostics - which said that there is something wrong but has insufficient information available to find out what is wrong. I can ping google from cmd.

My other PCs network absolutely fine so this is no issue with my router.

Am I missing something ? Are there any good diagnostics software that will resolve the issue I'm facing ?

Thanks in advance

techjunkie, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

My internet and sound stopped working after network reset Windows 10

1. My internet and sound stopped working after network reset Windows 10 - Similar Threads - internet sound stopped

2. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  3. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  4. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Taskbar frozen and network stopped working after network reset on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar frozen and network stopped working after network reset on windows 10: I decided to perform a network reset from the windows settings and I waited for my pc to restart but after It got restarted internet/ethernet stopped working completely and the taskbar was frozen, stuck in an infinite loading cursor. I cannot access windows settings or...
  6. Taskbar frozen and network stopped working after network reset on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar frozen and network stopped working after network reset on windows 10: I decided to perform a network reset from the windows settings and I waited for my pc to restart but after It got restarted internet/ethernet stopped working completely and the taskbar was frozen, stuck in an infinite loading cursor. I cannot access windows settings or...
  7. Taskbar frozen and network stopped working after network reset on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My sound is not working after a Factory Reset windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound is not working after a Factory Reset windows 10: So I decided to factory reset my gaming pc and after the reset I noticed my sound wasn't working so I tried to update my drivers but that didn't work, I even tried different audio drivers but again nothing. I use a tv as my monitor btw with an hdmi cord of course I've been...
  9. Internet connection and sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection and sound stopped working.: I was trying to fix an unexpected store exception BSOD, found out that reinstalling monitor driver would help. So I unninstalled it, everything was all right until I restarted the pc, Internet cable is connected but its like connected without Internet. And there is a red x on...
  10. Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option: Was having issues with my VPN. Uninstalled both and then did the Windows 10 Network Reset option which supposedly resets all networking to defaults. Prior to the Reset, normal (no VPN) internet access worked just fine. After the Reset, Windows will show that I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network connection and sound stopped working on pc windows 10