Windows 10: my internet continuously drops

Discus and support my internet continuously drops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my internet contentiously drops out but, only on my PC. i've tried both an Ethernet connection and wireless and got the troubleshoot error couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bruhman24, May 6, 2020.

1. Bruhman24 Win User

my internet continuously drops

my internet contentiously drops out but, only on my PC. i've tried both an Ethernet connection and wireless and got the troubleshoot error couldn't detect proxy settings

:)

Bruhman24, May 6, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 6, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 6, 2020
  4. ps957 Win User

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. my internet continuously drops - Similar Threads - internet continuously drops

2. Internet Dropping, but only my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Dropping, but only my PC: I got my PC on christmas of 2020. Since then it has always had connection issues. The internet from it will drop completely for a couple seconds to minutes, often making me disconnect from games and calls. I use ethernet and have replaced the cable, and it still drops. It...
  3. Internet connectivity drops intermittently while allowing streaming to continue. Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connectivity drops intermittently while allowing streaming to continue. Windows...: There are certain times when I am no longer able to load any websites in any browser for no apparent reason. Wifi and hardline both specify as being connected and secured. Clicking on a link results in literally nothing happening in Firefox, where nothing loads to tell me...
  4. Internet Drops

Internet Drops: Hello, I am currently at a small village far from my home town, and have to use mobile data. But my internet randomly drops. All I know is that my laptop's the problem, not my phone. Since the internet never works again unless I disconnect and reconnect from my mobile...
  5. Dell Latitude E4310 Windows 10 Internet Continues to Drop Out

Dell Latitude E4310 Windows 10 Internet Continues to Drop Out: Dell Latitude E4310 with Comcast internet & win 10 was working fine until a recent Win 10 update. Now the internet continues to drop out. I have to repeatedly disconnect and then reconnect the internet on the laptop. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. WiFi is continuously dropping and returning

WiFi is continuously dropping and returning: Hi I've been having a problem for a while now where the wifi on my desktop pc has been dropping out and then coming back near continously. Times vary but itll typically drop for a minute or so when i have no internet at all come back speed nominally 30Mb/s according to...
  7. My internet keeps dropping out!

My internet keeps dropping out!: I have so many reasons I need help with my network! For starters. Because of various reasons I just don't think it necessary to for me to get into here, my wife and I have decided to home school our daughter this fall. This means we MUST have good internet access. Then of...
  8. Homegroup Continually Dropping

Homegroup Continually Dropping: Hello all, I have a customer that has a Homegroup setup for two of his computers. Every couple of months he'll call in stating his Homegroup doesn't work. When looking at his computers, they both say they are joined to a Homegroup. However, when navigating to it, there...
  9. Internet Drops

Internet Drops: During the day, the internet is stable and works fine. I can browse and do everything normally. But in the evening the internet drops and it won't reconnect. I tried restarting my PC and resetting the router but nothing seems to work. A solution would be helpful! 57239
  10. Internet dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet dropping: I don't know if this is a 10 problem or computer problem. My internet will drop every few hours while I am using it. I originally thought it was my cable provider, and most of the time I rebooted my modem, and this seemed to correct the problem. Then I just rebooted the...