Windows 10: My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use.

Discus and support My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,To summarize, my internet speed is 150mbps, and speedtest results show 150mbps+ download and upload after system is turned on. After some time i've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prateek_Verma_0308, Jun 9, 2023.

1. My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use.

Hi,To summarize, my internet speed is 150mbps, and speedtest results show 150mbps+ download and upload after system is turned on. After some time i've done my stuff, particularly gaming and browsing, the "download" speed reduces to nearly half or below. On the other hand, my upload speed is well above 150mbps+.One important thing to note is that the download speed comes back to normal after a system restart.System Information:OS: Windows 11 64-bitMotherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus EliteProcessor: Intel i5 9400FRam: 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400MhzWhat I've already tried to resolve the issue:Contacted m

:)

Prateek_Verma_0308, Jun 9, 2023

2. Download Speed reduced for only one device

Hello,

I am facing a problem with my download speed. Previously I used to have a minimum of 8 Mbps of download speed whereas it was reduced to 20 Kbps. The other devices that are connected to the same network are having the best download speeds. I tried as many solutions from the internet but there is no use. And also the browsing speed and the Speedtest results are excellent.

Please help me with this asap.

AbhishakthPammi, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Download Speed reduced for only one device

Thank you for the reply.

The above steps didn't help me. My problem was only with DOWNLOAD speed (When I download some files over the internet). The speed test results are EXCELLENT. The browsing speed is also good but I am having problems with DOWNLOADS ONLY.

Manufacturer: Hewlett - Packard

Model: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PC

AbhishakthPammi, Jun 9, 2023
  4. My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use.

Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use.

1. My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use. - Similar Threads - internet download speed

2. My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use.: Hi,To summarize, my internet speed is 150mbps, and speedtest results show 150mbps+ download and upload after system is turned on. After some time i've done my stuff, particularly gaming and browsing, the "download" speed reduces to nearly half or below. On the other hand, my...
  3. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.: My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still hasn't fixed anything. It's very aggravating as my D/L speed only goes up to 25mbps. I've purchased a separate USB WI-FI...
  4. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.: My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still hasn't fixed anything. It's very aggravating as my D/L speed only goes up to 25mbps. I've purchased a separate USB WI-FI...
  5. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.: My internet speed is around 130 mbps, however, I only manage to get about 100-200 kilobytes per second of download speed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-is-fast-but-my-download-speed-is/bd6deb53-a783-4aa7-bf9b-ca1e0ec58e23
  7. My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.: My internet speed is around 130 mbps, however, I only manage to get about 100-200 kilobytes per second of download speed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-is-fast-but-my-download-speed-is/bd6deb53-a783-4aa7-bf9b-ca1e0ec58e23
  8. Declining Internet download speed

Declining Internet download speed: Hi All, 1st Time poster after frequenting the forums for sometime for assistance and tips. It's a bit of a weird one, my download speed gradually declines to barely 1mbps but my upload speed stays pretty consistent. My pc rarely turns off or restarts unless...
  9. Internet Download Speed

Internet Download Speed: Hi, I am running windows 10 on my desktop PC (an old dell machine). I have recently had to do a repair installation and have since had an update download. I now find that whichever of the two internet USB adaptors ( a TP-link or Belkin) I plug in I am getting download speeds...
  10. Internet stops working after some time of use.

Internet stops working after some time of use.: My Internet stops working after some time of use and starts working again when I turn my wifi off and back on again.How can I stop this ?...