Windows 10: My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

Discus and support My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello!I'm having this issue that whenever I open File Explorer my internet connection drops for about 2-3 seconds then it comes back. It is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ștefania Toderașc, Jun 8, 2021.

1. My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

Hello!I'm having this issue that whenever I open File Explorer my internet connection drops for about 2-3 seconds then it comes back. It is very annyoing when I'm in a call or meet because it freezes. This is also happening when I'm downloading something from my browser and the download proccess suddenly stops because I have to choose where I want to download it in File Explorer. Can someone tell me how do I solve this problem? I tried searching on other forum websites and apparently other people had the same problem, but I couldn't find any solution.

:)

Ștefania Toderașc, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Deuce642 Win User
    windows 10 file explorer opens for a split second then crashes

This problem occurs if I try opening any folder or file explorer itself for example:

• an existing file folder with files in it that is on my desktop,
    • opening the file explorer from the taskbar (I have since unpinned it as this was suggested as a fix in some forums)
    • opening file explorer using the start menu
    • opening file explorer using the windows key + E
    In each case the explorer dialogue box will pop up momentarily then disappear again (perhaps a second or 2 sometimes, other times just a flash.)

So far I have tried:

• ensuring that windows 10 is totally up to date
    • run the sfc scannow - this came up with no error found
    • made sure that the settings for file explorer were set to opening at 'this pc'

I am absolutely out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Deuce642, Jun 8, 2021
  4. My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

1. My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer - Similar Threads - internet drops few

2. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  3. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  4. My internet cuts off for a few seconds when I plug in or out something, or when I download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet cuts off for a few seconds when I plug in or out something, or when I download...: Hello,I bought this very cool ASUS Vivobook laptop a few months ago and I'm starting to notice a little problem with it.Every time I plug in or out my USB mouse or my headphones, internet cuts off for a few seconds. I notice it because I usually am on discord with some...
  5. My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer: So, I searched for solutions online but nothing helped. Basically when I open file explorer or open any kind of mini window to maybe upload or download a file, my internet drops for a few seconds and comes back up. Weather I am on a online meet or anything like that, if I...
  6. When Open File Explorer My Internet Will Stuck 3-5second

When Open File Explorer My Internet Will Stuck 3-5second: So,When i open the file explorer my internet will stuck.This is very annoying when i am using Zoom to share screen and i open file explorer it will disconnect suddenly. But,i also try in internet browser,i try open Youtube with no open file explorer and it can open normally....
  7. transfer speed drops after few second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer speed drops after few second: Hi i need help with transfer speed, because after few second of tranfering speed goes to very slow . thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-speed-drops-after-few-second/297b6751-3708-44b7-ab6b-dfada7280186
  8. Explorer freezing randomly on opening random folders for a few second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer freezing randomly on opening random folders for a few second: I have the following problem on my laptop, Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H 16GB RAM, that the Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds, maybe 3-5 seconds on random folders. Just happened again after I opened it and clicked c: and the content just showed up after 3 seconds or so...
  9. Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.

Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.: Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. It will not stay up long enough to change settings. I tried to restore to an earlier time and it said I probably had a firewall. I disabled it and tried again and it said the same thing. I have Windows 10...
  10. Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer: It does not make any difference if it is in Windows Player 12 or when I listen to Audio in Youtube. It is more of an annoyance than an inconvenience. I have a HP Pavilion Series G7-1260Us. I know a dinosaur. 4gb Ram 640 Drive C Hard drive. Intel Core I-3@ 2330 CPU @ 2.20Ghz....