Windows 10: My internet gets laggy until I reboot my PC.

Discus and support My internet gets laggy until I reboot my PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have never had this problem before.. but I realized lately that If my PC is running lets say whole day and I am downloading something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/luckerr09, Nov 11, 2019.

1. My internet gets laggy until I reboot my PC.

Hello guys,

I have never had this problem before.. but I realized lately that If my PC is running lets say whole day and I am downloading something big (last time it was WoW + Modern Warefare).. my internet acts weird AFTER the downloading is finished.

I have nonstop buffering on websites like twitch, mixer, youtube streams etc.

So at first I thought that it might be the Chrome. So I cleared cache, all history and so on! = did not helpI restarted router (while it was lagging). = did not helpTurned off every app running. = did not helpTurned off ESET Internet Security. = did not helpTried Twitch/mixer app (to make sure its not Chrome's fault again). = did not helpUpdated my lan driver. = did not help

Only reboot my PC helps all the time.

Do you have any idea what can cause the problem? Did you guys experienced something like this? I don't knoiw what to try else (expect reinstall windows 10)

PC specs:i7 8700k + 1080ti + 16gb ram + Win10 on SSD

screenshots that might help (sorry for czech language here):
    https://imgur.com/raCAJwu

https://imgur.com/NyyRnvn

https://imgur.com/OuvGq3t

submitted by /u/luckerr09
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/luckerr09, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Laggy

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in Troubleshoot
    lags or freezes in Windows
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

You may also go through the suggestions given in Tips to improve PC performance in Windows
    to help make your PC run better.

Note:

Reset will result in the loss of data and the applications installed. You may take a backup of the data before reset.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 11, 2019
  4. My internet gets laggy until I reboot my PC.

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

My internet gets laggy until I reboot my PC.

1. My internet gets laggy until I reboot my PC. - Similar Threads - internet gets laggy

2. PC laggy until restart, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC laggy until restart, how to fix?: As the title says, when I initially boot up my pc, it is very laggy in every way, fps are lower, browsing is slower, and everything just takes longer to load, however, when I restart it can be several times before it works everything runs like normal and fast.I have an HP...
  3. PC laggy until restart, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC laggy until restart, how to fix?: As the title says, when I initially boot up my pc, it is very laggy in every way, fps are lower, browsing is slower, and everything just takes longer to load, however, when I restart it can be several times before it works everything runs like normal and fast.I have an HP...
  4. My internet won't work until I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet won't work until I restart my computer: I have a Windows 11 computer Lenovo, bought about 6 months ago. When I boot my computer from a shutdown state, it most often will not be able to access the internet. I would say this problem occurs 95% of the time when I boot the system. Neither wifi nor an ethernet...
  5. My internet won't work until I restart my computer

My internet won't work until I restart my computer: I have a Windows 11 computer Lenovo, bought about 6 months ago. When I boot my computer from a shutdown state, it most often will not be able to access the internet. I would say this problem occurs 95% of the time when I boot the system. Neither wifi nor an ethernet...
  6. I cant get into my PC, it asks for internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get into my PC, it asks for internet.: I am currently trying to get into my computer, it has a sign in button instead of a password text box. I do not have access to the internet right now, so when I click "Sign in" it says, "You'll need internet for this." How do I go about fixing this issue without getting an...
  7. I cant get into my PC, it asks for internet.

I cant get into my PC, it asks for internet.: I am currently trying to get into my computer, it has a sign in button instead of a password text box. I do not have access to the internet right now, so when I click "Sign in" it says, "You'll need internet for this." How do I go about fixing this issue without getting an...
  8. My PC is so laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is so laggy: I restarted my pc 3 days ago and it went straight to automatic repair saying my pc could not be powered on and all and after I ran the chkdsk for 6 hours it was done and my pc was coming on but I couldnt do a system restore anymore, couldnt boot into safe mode and a lot of...
  9. My pc cant get internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc cant get internet: Hi all, Normally I manage to find a solution to all my problems but there I can't find the answer. I accidentally deleted or deactivated the ethernet yesterday and since then I no longer have access to the internet and cannot reactivate or install the ethernet because the...
  10. My PC is laggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC is laggy: I thought it could be graphic card dying so I bought a new one. No difference. It’s still laggy. The audio lags like its playing in slow-mo. Sometimes it will play normally and then it’ll start making glitchy noises and stutters. I’m using the onboard audio. submitted by...