Windows 10: My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet.

Discus and support My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was using my laptop when I lost internet. My internet icon has disappeared. It says I can no longer test the adapter and I can no longer connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Jones Student, Jun 9, 2023.

1. My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet.

I was using my laptop when I lost internet. My internet icon has disappeared. It says I can no longer test the adapter and I can no longer connect to the internet.

:)

Michael Jones Student, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Persistant internet problems – internet icons, dwindling speed, connection.

Since I got proper wired ADSL I am having several problems when connecting, surfing and downloading from the internet. What the causes might be I don’t know but I’ve listed them below:

1) When I click my Firefox icons, be that on the desktop or on Rocketdock, it can take up to 30 seconds or so to physically open a page. I’m talking just a page itself, not content.

2) If I have just turned the computer on then the page loads pretty quick, that’s a webpage not a physical page. However, the longer I’m on the internet the slower the page load times seem to get.

3) This also manifests itself in downloads. When the computer is first turned on downloads are working fine, however, as time goes on, most downloads dwindle to nothing or all are not downloading.

4) When I click the Internet Explorer icon(desktop or Rocketdock), it opens on my homepage but if I enter an address the address opens in a new Firefox webpage while the IE page stays on my homepage!

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Tommygunn, Jun 9, 2023
  3. AndreePin Win User
    loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 9, 2023
  4. My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet.

Strange problem with connectivity to internet

just checked but internet explorer isn't in list in programms and features in control panel. *Frown My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet. :(

freebird_9924, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet.

1. My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet. - Similar Threads - internet icon disappeared

2. Internet no longer connects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet no longer connects: Hello,Somewhat recently I got a forced update for Windows 10. After the update my home wifi was no longer available yet every network is available and I can still connect to the internet through my mobile hotspot. I tried putting my network SSID and password into a hidden...
  3. Internet no longer connects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet no longer connects: Hello,Somewhat recently I got a forced update for Windows 10. After the update my home wifi was no longer available yet every network is available and I can still connect to the internet through my mobile hotspot. I tried putting my network SSID and password into a hidden...
  4. Internet no longer connects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet icon disappeared and now it says I can no longer connect to internet.: I was using my laptop when I lost internet. My internet icon has disappeared. It says I can no longer test the adapter and I can no longer connect to the internet....
  6. I can connect to my internet, but on my pc it says no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can connect to my internet, but on my pc it says no internet.: I've done the trouble shooting already, I've forgotten the internet and re-done it through there. It just won't connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-connect-to-my-internet-but-on-my-pc-it-says/9e64bdbe-9611-451c-936d-2851fa26c2c4
  7. I can connect to my internet, but on my pc it says no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can connect to my internet, but on my pc it says no internet.: I've done the trouble shooting already, I've forgotten the internet and re-done it through there. It just won't connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-connect-to-my-internet-but-on-my-pc-it-says/9e64bdbe-9611-451c-936d-2851fa26c2c4
  8. My computer is connected to the internet, but says "No Internet". Miraculously, i can still...

My computer is connected to the internet, but says "No Internet". Miraculously, i can still...: Very bizarre problem. A couple of hours ago, at my Mom's house, everything was working perfectly. Now, at my Dad's, I am having this problem. Nothing else is doing this, TV, iPhone, and PS4 are all working correctly. Just the computer. Also, this is off topic, but Google...
  9. Have had this icon as my internet icon for a month now. Says “No Internet, Secured”. I’m...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have had this icon as my internet icon for a month now. Says “No Internet, Secured”. I’m...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yakatoa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqisws/have_had_this_icon_as_my_internet_icon_for_a/
  10. My network icon says i m not connected to internet but i can connect to any websites .

My network icon says i m not connected to internet but i can connect to any websites .: Hello fellows! Recently i installed a new window (window 10 pro) on my dell laptop due to a suspect of virus. Before my window works fine and it was getting slow. So i formatted it and starting downloading drivers and all the installation. Then the wifi icon starts...