Windows 10: My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown

Discus and support My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am connected to the Internet by LAN to my router which will access all the web pages, but the Windows update will not work nor Outlook, since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChesterBowley356, Oct 19, 2021.

1. My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown

Hi, I am connected to the Internet by LAN to my router which will access all the web pages, but the Windows update will not work nor Outlook, since they say that I have no Internet connection. This happened after the last Windows update. I am running Windows10 64 version 21H1.

:)

ChesterBowley356, Oct 19, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 19, 2021
  3. dawgfan58 Win User
    Connected, no internet

I have a FIOS G1100 router/modem. I have a desktop with Ethernet connection and laptop with wifi connected bit both say "connected, no internet." The two indicator lights on the front of the router are white indicating it is working. I've tried suggestions from other threads online using the netsh refresh commands in cmd prompt. Frontier communications can't seem to figure out the issue. Any ideas?

dawgfan58, Oct 19, 2021
  4. My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown

Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown 189114715.png

imperialreign, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown

1. My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown - Similar Threads - internet connected connection

2. My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown: Hi, I am connected to the Internet by LAN to my router which will access all the web pages, but the Windows update will not work nor Outlook, since they say that I have no Internet connection. This happened after the last Windows update. I am running Windows10 64 version...
  3. My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet is connected but the connection status indicates unknown: Hi, I am connected to the Internet by LAN to my router which will access all the web pages, but the Windows update will not work nor Outlook, since they say that I have no Internet connection. This happened after the last Windows update. I am running Windows10 64 version...
  4. Able to connect to the internet but network status is saying "not connected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Able to connect to the internet but network status is saying "not connected": ive tried just about everything i can find online to fix this issue and nothing has made any difference drivers are up to date and the internet is working fine except i cant install a windows update because im "not connected" ive been able to use 3 different networks fine...
  5. Windows update fails: Appstore Fails: internet connected but connection status states unknown

Windows update fails: Appstore Fails: internet connected but connection status states unknown: So i can connect to internet over realtek WAN card using ethernet to a BT router.But as stated hovering over network in systray says connection status unknown am guessing this is why windows update and appstore do not workSo far:Have reset Windows 10 to 21H1Have updated wired...
  6. Internet connected but connection status indicates unknown

Internet connected but connection status indicates unknown: HiI am connected to the Internet by LAN to my router that will access the web pages, but the update will not work nor Outlook, since they say that I have no Internet connection, this happened after the last Windows update.I would like to know how to solve this.Thanks....
  7. Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN

Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN: I have an HP computer which from time to time displays a no internet connection icon even though there is actually an active connection. This only happens when OpenVPN is running and connected. Disconnecting the OpenVPN may suddenly change the network status icon back to...
  8. No internet connection indication

No internet connection indication: I have Windows 10 64 bit. After my internet provider went down for a couple of hours, the no internet connection failed to clear when it came back up. I reset my modem and my router. No help. My computer is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. I tried rebooting...
  9. Status say not connected to internet

Status say not connected to internet: I am using a dial up connection provided by my ISP. I can browse internet but can't use Microsoft store or get any security update. It says you are not connected to any networks. Please help me solve the problem. [ATTACH]...
  10. System indicates no internet connection on restart but am connected

System indicates no internet connection on restart but am connected: Roughly half the time I restart my PC I am told I am not connected to the internet, the Ethernet icon in the notification area shows a yellow triangle. [img] but the thing is I am connected just fine and can access everything I normally do. Even microsoft.com. So this...