Windows 10: My internet is fine, and my computer is connected to it, but it's still slow.

Discus and support My internet is fine, and my computer is connected to it, but it's still slow. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had this problem since I got this laptop, but no matter where I go or what Wi-Fi I'm connected to, it's still extremely slow. I did a speed test,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HaleyVoss, Nov 22, 2018.

1. HaleyVoss Win User

My internet is fine, and my computer is connected to it, but it's still slow.

I've had this problem since I got this laptop, but no matter where I go or what Wi-Fi I'm connected to, it's still extremely slow. I did a speed test, and the mbps was around 0.37. I tried troubleshooting, but it only said that there was no problems with my internet connectivity and couldn't detect any other problems. I deleted all of the apps that I didn't use, and that only brought the mbps up to 0.55. I feel like it's just a problem with the computer, but is there anything else I can do to try and fix it?

:)

HaleyVoss, Nov 22, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

My internet is fine, and my computer is connected to it, but it's still slow. [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

My internet is fine, and my computer is connected to it, but it's still slow. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 22, 2018
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

1. My internet is fine, and my computer is connected to it, but it's still slow. - Similar Threads - internet fine computer

2. stop slowing my internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop slowing my internet connection: dear midcrosoftyou can't slow my internet connection, who do you think you are.yesterday you lagging my pc, now you slowing my internet connection.no wonder you have a lot of negative thing on midcrosoft & weirdows 10...
  3. stop slowing my internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stop slowing my internet connection: dear midcrosoftyou can't slow my internet connection, who do you think you are.yesterday you lagging my pc, now you slowing my internet connection.no wonder you have a lot of negative thing on midcrosoft & weirdows 10...
  4. stop slowing my internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer: So recently i have been having issues with my computer, it randomly dropped the download speed from 40mb/s to under 10mb/s but when i test the internet speed outside of my computer, im still getting 40mb/s on my phone and other devices. Ive tested and tried many solutions but...
  6. Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer: So recently i have been having issues with my computer, it randomly dropped the download speed from 40mb/s to under 10mb/s but when i test the internet speed outside of my computer, im still getting 40mb/s on my phone and other devices. Ive tested and tried many solutions but...
  7. Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer

8. My computer is connected to the internet, but says "No Internet". Miraculously, i can still...

My computer is connected to the internet, but says "No Internet". Miraculously, i can still...: Very bizarre problem. A couple of hours ago, at my Mom's house, everything was working perfectly. Now, at my Dad's, I am having this problem. Nothing else is doing this, TV, iPhone, and PS4 are all working correctly. Just the computer. Also, this is off topic, but Google...
  9. My computer is connected to the WiFi but no internet but works just fine with my phones hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is connected to the WiFi but no internet but works just fine with my phones hotspot: Ok as the title says I can connect to my WiFi but no internet connection it works just fine my hotspot.i have reinstalled windows at least 3 times now to see if that would fix it and nothing.all of my other Devices work just fine with my WiFi like my PS4 and xbox 360.any help...
  10. Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers

Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers: I just updated to Windows 10 but I think the problem was with Windows 8 too, Sometimes my internet is out on my PC while the internet is still up on my brothers PC, tho this problem happens about 3 times a very few days.. We have 5+ computers in the house and 4 are on daily...