Windows 10: my internet is too poor to run my computer with windows 10

Discus and support my internet is too poor to run my computer with windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a dell Inspiron 3252. It's a year old, but we haven't even bothered to turn it on for more than six months. I tried deleting everything that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zbleck, Dec 12, 2018.

1. zbleck Win User

my internet is too poor to run my computer with windows 10

We have a dell Inspiron 3252. It's a year old, but we haven't even bothered to turn it on for more than six months. I tried deleting everything that I could think of that was possibly running and slowing things down, but I probably don't know enough to do this properly. It either runs extremely slowly or refuses to load at all.

We don't play games, download movies or anything that needs a fast internet. We just want to read and send emails, surf the web, and download and print the occasional page or pic.

I was thinking that maybe running an earlier, less bandwidth hungry version of Windows might do the trick? Our internet is through the phone company and not good. We live on a farm, far off the road, and the cable company wants a fortune to run cable back to us.

Thanks, Zoe

:)

zbleck, Dec 12, 2018

2. computer running windows 10 cannot connect to internet via gigabit switch

Hello,

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

my internet is too poor to run my computer with windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. my internet is too poor to run my computer with windows 10 - Similar Threads - internet too poor

2. Why is my computer running so poorly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer running so poorly?: So I had to put in my bit locker recovery key a little bit ago but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get my Microsoft account that had it so I had to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 11. However ever since I did that my computer has been running super poorly. It stutters a...
  3. Why is my computer running so poorly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer running so poorly?: So I had to put in my bit locker recovery key a little bit ago but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get my Microsoft account that had it so I had to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 11. However ever since I did that my computer has been running super poorly. It stutters a...
  4. Windows 10 runs too slow in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 runs too slow in my laptop: Hi, I bought HP 15s GU0008AU laptop with AMD athelon processor, with Windows 10. My laptop is extremely slow from the beginning. I updated windows and did several things found on internet, but windows takes lots of CPU while running. Please help me to speed up my laptop....
  5. is my pc running too hot

is my pc running too hot: so is my pc running to hot[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-pc-running-too-hot/0a489ccd-1376-45ec-8dab-327042cb19da
  6. My computer is too soow

My computer is too soow: I have a computer that isn't even 3 years old, but is too slow. In the lockscreen when I press the spacebar or enter to go in the password screen it takes at least 2 minutes to do that in the blurred wallpaper. When I open the start it takes 20 seconds every time and...
  7. Games running Poorly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games running Poorly.: Ever since the latest update, games that were once running smoothly (60-120fps) are now struggling to get to 40-30fps. I was on the phone all day yesterday with Nividia and of course they say the problem is with the windows update. I’ve rolled my drivers back twice, same...
  8. Poor Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Poor Internet Connection: Greetings, I am trying to improve my PC's connection to the Internet. I am paying my service provider for around 100Mbps speeds. Speedtest.net indicates that I am only getting around 6-8Mbps. I've tried this test on both the 2.4 and 5G connections, and I'm sitting right...
  9. Is my CPU running too hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my CPU running too hot?: I have an Intel NUC. Recently, shortly after I started watching video in Firefox, the computer shut down suddenly. I suspected that it was thermal overload, so the next time I started my computer I looked at the CPU temps using Open Hardware Monitor. They range from 60C to...
  10. My Laptop is running too slow.

My Laptop is running too slow.: Can anyone suggest what to do. Getting this screen on booting. This happened after a Windows Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-running-too-slow/a397ded9-2403-4ce3-8021-a04d57f01f69