Windows 10: My internet slows down after 'sleeping'

Discus and support My internet slows down after 'sleeping' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a brand new PC 1.5 month ago, but I have noticed whenever I leave my PC and it goes into sleeping mode - and wake it up again, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas LBaron, Jan 3, 2019.

1. My internet slows down after 'sleeping'

Hi,

I just got a brand new PC 1.5 month ago, but I have noticed whenever I leave my PC and it goes into sleeping mode - and wake it up again, my internet is slow despite Speedtest.net shows I have full 300 Mbps speed. I have tested it on a few sites, where fx the graphics renders slow or download of large files downloads in kb/s rather than mb/s.

I tried to search the internet for a solution, but most of the sites claims it can be on the other end the issue is (i.e. the remote site is causing the bottle neck), but that is not the case, as a restart of my computer brings it back to normal speed.

It was also suggested to disable/re-enable my ethernet controller (Killer E2400), which I have tried to do without any luck as the result is still slow. I even tried to disable my ethernet and only use my wifi, but it is still slow, so my limited test skills tells me it is something both my ethernet and wifi shares that is causing the issue.

I also tried to reset (in windows) my Ethernet controller and have it reinstalled but to no avail. The only solution for now seems to restart my PC every time I get into this scenario, which is quite inconvenient.

Do you have any idea, what else I should look at?

My drivers and Windows updates are up to date.

The fact that it corrects itself after a restart makes me suspect it is software related and not hardware related.

Hope you can help as it is driving me desperate.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Thomas

:)

Thomas LBaron, Jan 3, 2019

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 3, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jan 3, 2019
  4. My internet slows down after 'sleeping'

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

My internet slows down after 'sleeping'

1. My internet slows down after 'sleeping' - Similar Threads - internet slows down

2. Internet slow to reconnect after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slow to reconnect after going to sleep: Work issued Dell laptop connected to internet via ethernet dock. Never had an issue with reconnecting until recently when I leave it for a while, it takes forever to reconnect to the internet. May be related to latest Windows updates which are administered by my employer, but...
  3. Internet slow to reconnect after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet slow to reconnect after going to sleep: Work issued Dell laptop connected to internet via ethernet dock. Never had an issue with reconnecting until recently when I leave it for a while, it takes forever to reconnect to the internet. May be related to latest Windows updates which are administered by my employer, but...
  4. Internet slow to reconnect after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet periodically slowing down.

Internet periodically slowing down.: Hello there,this is my first time posting, as I am at my wits end, the issue is obscure, but I'll try to describe it in as much details as possible.I'm running Windows 10 Pro.A few days ago my internet started periodically becoming unresponsive.Symptoms:Trying to...
  6. Internet slows down

Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  7. My internet speed slowed down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My internet speed slowed down.: So I've always had a healthy 100 mbps internet speed on my PC. This all changed when I reinstalled windows 10 and did a speed test for fun. I was not expecting a sudden bump to a beefy 500 mbps. So that's how my internet was for a while, at a beefy 500 mbps, until today... My...
  8. Slowed down internet

Slowed down internet: I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10. The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing...
  9. internet speed slows down

internet speed slows down: I have an old Dell XPS system running Windows 10pro Using a Broadcom gigabit ethernet card. I am hard wired directly to the WOW modem and do get speeds of up to 550mbps. But after a while, anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours, it starts to slow down to under 100. Every time...
  10. Internet slows down on downloads.

Internet slows down on downloads.: When I download stuff my download speed starts off at 2.4 megabites/s and then goes down right away to like 500 kb/s. Is this normal to happen and if not how do I fix it? 85296