Windows 10: My internet speed on windows 10

Discus and support My internet speed on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet speed is limited to 5 mbps on my windows while it is really 12 mbps on all other devices this problem occurred after some cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 265_Medo, Dec 26, 2019.

1. 265_Medo Win User

My internet speed on windows 10

My internet speed is limited to 5 mbps on my windows while it is really 12 mbps on all other devices this problem occurred after some cumulative updates. I am sure this is speed reaching windows from wifi card . I got updated the card and checked that no apps running in the backgroud. Can you help ?

:)

265_Medo, Dec 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. My internet speed on windows 10 - Similar Threads - internet speed

2. internet speed seems to be limited now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet speed seems to be limited now.: I plugged my PC into an ethernet cable and was getting about 46mb/s, now every game i get only downloads at 9mb/s but speed tests still show the 46mb/s range why has this happened?...
  3. internet speed seems to be limited now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet speed seems to be limited now.: I plugged my PC into an ethernet cable and was getting about 46mb/s, now every game i get only downloads at 9mb/s but speed tests still show the 46mb/s range why has this happened?...
  4. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  5. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  6. Internet Download Speed Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  7. Internet Download Speed Problem

Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  8. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  9. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  10. My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...: I'm getting 100+mbps speed on battery and 3mbps while plugged in. I don't recall changing any settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-gets-really-slow-when-i-plug-in/88d06ed4-989e-4fad-9e5b-22c2cb7bfd23