Windows 10: My internet speed slowed down.

Discus and support My internet speed slowed down. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've always had a healthy 100 mbps internet speed on my PC. This all changed when I reinstalled windows 10 and did a speed test for fun. I was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/H-ckerman, Aug 2, 2020.

1. My internet speed slowed down.

So I've always had a healthy 100 mbps internet speed on my PC. This all changed when I reinstalled windows 10 and did a speed test for fun. I was not expecting a sudden bump to a beefy 500 mbps. So that's how my internet was for a while, at a beefy 500 mbps, until today... My internet was not working and I did everything to get it back. I finally got it working, but my internet speed is back at 100 mbps. Why? How did it suddenly jumpt to 500 mbps and then jump back to 100 mbps?

submitted by /u/H-ckerman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/H-ckerman, Aug 2, 2020

2. internet speed slows down

Hi Barry,

Having an outdated Ethernet card driver, faulty Ethernet cable, and outdated modem firmware are a few factors that affect the internet speed. If you have a spare Ethernet cable, then I suggest replacing the one you're using to determine if its the cable
    that's causing your internet speed to slow down.

You may also update the driver of your Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet card. If the issue is triggered by having an outdated driver, then you can have Windows to search automatically for updated driver software to help fix and address the problem. Kindly check
    out Update drivers in Windows 10 and follow the steps provided in updating the drivers.

If the above steps won't help, then I recommend that you get in touch with the WOW support team to check the modem. Since they're your Internet Service Provider, then they are the appropriate support to look into the modem and perform necessary updates or
    troubleshooting on the device.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Aug 2, 2020
  4. My internet speed slowed down.

internet speed slows down

I have an old Dell XPS system running Windows 10pro Using a Broadcom gigabit ethernet card. I am hard wired directly to the WOW modem and do get speeds of up to 550mbps. But after a while, anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours, it starts to slow down to
    under 100. Every time I reboot I get the faster speeds and then comes the slow down after using the internet for a while.

Any one been able to fix this problem or know what it is?

Barry

BarryWooley, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

My internet speed slowed down.

1. My internet speed slowed down. - Similar Threads - internet speed slowed

2. PC slows down internet speed on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC slows down internet speed on other devices: Hello, I have an old pc that is connected to the router via ethernet, and every time I connect it it slows down the internet speed on other devices that are connected to the same network, so basically every device in my house. The internet speed on the PC isn't slow at all,...
  3. PC slows down internet speed on other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC slows down internet speed on other devices: Hello, I have an old pc that is connected to the router via ethernet, and every time I connect it it slows down the internet speed on other devices that are connected to the same network, so basically every device in my house. The internet speed on the PC isn't slow at all,...
  4. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  5. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  6. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Updates Slowing Down Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates Slowing Down Internet Speed: I have a rather fast internet connection, can't really tell the tech stuff as I am not that techsavvy. But lately everytime an update is ready to be installed, my internet is extremely slow for some reason, most of the time when I install updates it always says "Undoing...
  8. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  9. internet speed slows down

internet speed slows down: I have an old Dell XPS system running Windows 10pro Using a Broadcom gigabit ethernet card. I am hard wired directly to the WOW modem and do get speeds of up to 550mbps. But after a while, anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours, it starts to slow down to under 100. Every time...
  10. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a