Windows 10: My internet speed slows until I go in airplane mode

Discus and support My internet speed slows until I go in airplane mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 Professional (version 20H2) ; OS Version : 19042.928 ; Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Network card driver : Killer(R)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by teisseire, May 4, 2021.

1. teisseire Win User

My internet speed slows until I go in airplane mode

OS: Windows 10 Professional (version 20H2) ; OS Version : 19042.928 ; Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Network card driver : Killer(R) Wireless-AC 1550 Wireless Network Adapter (9260NGW) 160MHz Driver version : 22.30.0.11 Hi, I have an issue since a very long time, I even experienced it on my previous laptop(which had the same network card, we can see a trend building up here). It only happens while I'm using wi-fi to connect to internet. Multiples times a day, the download speed drops from 700~ Mb/s to 10Mb/s~ (ping is also affected). If I click on the wi-fi icon in the bottom right of my screen, and turn on Airplane mode and turn it back off my internet speed is suddenly back to normal. Sometime the issue happens multiple times in 1-2 minutes. I have no idea what to do :| There are no issue when I'm using ethernet, but I cannot use ethernet all the time. Thank you for help

:)

teisseire, May 4, 2021

2. Windows10 airplane mode

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try these steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet
    icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off
    Airplane mode on the right side.

You may also run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, May 5, 2021
  3. Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

also refer,

Turn airplane mode on or off

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 5, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. My internet speed slows until I go in airplane mode - Similar Threads - internet speed slows

2. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet speeds outside safe mode: So, we just moved my partners computer over to my place and setting up internet. His speeds are just garbage.I get 80/80 speed, he gets tops 20/0.5 No matter if we switch network cables. The speed is consistent. So it seems located to his computerIn safe mode, he gets good...
  3. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet speeds outside safe mode: So, we just moved my partners computer over to my place and setting up internet. His speeds are just garbage.I get 80/80 speed, he gets tops 20/0.5 No matter if we switch network cables. The speed is consistent. So it seems located to his computerIn safe mode, he gets good...
  4. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  6. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  7. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. slow internet speed

slow internet speed: have a question my network adapter only getting 17mbps download i got 100mbps internet i tried replacing the cord and had cable company come out and see whats wrong everything else in the house is getting 100mbps my laptop and phone and Xbox one all got 100mbps i tried...
  9. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  10. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a