Windows 10: My Internet speeds appear to be throttled and I can't tell why

Discus and support My Internet speeds appear to be throttled and I can't tell why in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My house has a gig connection and all of the other PCs are averaging around 500 down 700 up but my PC is averaging 250 up and down. I have tested the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stormaggedon2169, Jun 3, 2020.

1. My Internet speeds appear to be throttled and I can't tell why

My house has a gig connection and all of the other PCs are averaging around 500 down 700 up but my PC is averaging 250 up and down. I have tested the cable and the port, plugged it into a different port, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers, and rolled back drivers. Windows failed to recognize a borrowed PCIe NIC and a Debian VM running a bridged connection in VMware managed to get 400 up 300 down which tells me that the issue isnt hardware. I have uninstalled all VPNs and apps like GlassWire that might effect speeds so I think something running in Windows might be the problem. Running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 tests done using /u/Stormaggedon2169
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stormaggedon2169, Jun 3, 2020

2. My data speed has been throttled by AT&T

AT&T has throttled my data speed with a full signal streaming zune music, now it cuts in and out. Any solutions other then the obvious?

Uniquezero, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Entegy Win User
    My data speed has been throttled by AT&T

WiFi? We can't really do anything if AT&T is throttling you.

Entegy, Jun 3, 2020
  4. link626 Win User

My Internet speeds appear to be throttled and I can't tell why

Windows 10 throttles internet download speed. Wonky built-in settings?

Windows 10 appears to throttle internet speed.

The link tested is
    http://sfo-korg-mirror.kernel.org/op...DVD-x86_64.iso

It will start out at 20MB/s, then throttle down to just 200KB/s. !!!! It will sit at this superslow speed for a while, then climb up later, only to throttle down super slow again.
    This is a dedicated server on a gigabit line.

At home, my 100mbps line holds the download steady at 100mbps. No speed dip.

I know very little about how Windows controls transfer speeds, but I have read about Windows auto adjusting the tcp window and such.

It seems the netsh settings are helping and hurting.

Also, I have 10mbps upload speed at home, and when I try to upload to my 1gbps server, the speed is throttled at 1.5mbps.
    It starts at 10mbps, then quickly throttles.

Whatever is working behind the scenes seems to be contributing to the server's slow download speed, and my slow upload from home.

If I disable auto-tuning, speeds are even worse.
    The http server goes from maxing out my 100mbps line, to <10mbps.
    So outbound speeds from the server suffer, and inbound speeds to the server still suffer.

help ?!

link626, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

My Internet speeds appear to be throttled and I can't tell why

1. My Internet speeds appear to be throttled and I can't tell why - Similar Threads - Internet speeds appear

2. Windows is throttling internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is throttling internet speed: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot why my Windows 10 PC is not able to achieve appropriate internet speeds.OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3208ISP: AT&T 5 Gbps fiber symmetricalNetwork Adapter: ASUS XG-C100C 10 GbE wired connectionSpeed test results: 600-1100 Mbps down, 250-500...
  3. Windows is throttling internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is throttling internet speed: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot why my Windows 10 PC is not able to achieve appropriate internet speeds.OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3208ISP: AT&T 5 Gbps fiber symmetricalNetwork Adapter: ASUS XG-C100C 10 GbE wired connectionSpeed test results: 600-1100 Mbps down, 250-500...
  4. Windows is throttling internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb: I've worked in IT for years, end user support to now a cloud infrastructure consultant. This is the first ever time I've used Microsoft Ask a Question, because this is the first ever time I've seen an issue like this and i'm prepared to log the hell of this to help others in...
  6. Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb

Internet Speed Throttled to 13.5Mb: I've worked in IT for years, end user support to now a cloud infrastructure consultant. This is the first ever time I've used Microsoft Ask a Question, because this is the first ever time I've seen an issue like this and i'm prepared to log the hell of this to help others in...
  7. Windows 10 throttling Internet download speeds

Windows 10 throttling Internet download speeds: My Dell 7386 laptop with an Intel AX200 has much slower download speeds than are available on two different Samsung Galaxy S10e cellphones. All devices are connected via Wi-Fi to a TP-Link AX6000 router. The router's connection to the ISP tests out at a 501 Mbps download...
  8. Weird - Internet Speed Throttling Issue

Weird - Internet Speed Throttling Issue: All, I've noticed that I get really different speeds when speed testing through Cox's speedtest.net and through any other speed test (Fast.com, speedofme, etc.). Now, this would be just a weird anomaly, but I think it is affecting my wife's zoom webinars. For the past couple...
  9. Why is windows 10 throttling my internet speed when pending updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is windows 10 throttling my internet speed when pending updates: This happens nearly every single day. On a very powerful Alien aurora gaming computer. I have the fastest Bell internet available. My internet speed will be throttle to about 64 - 200kb/s IF I click on setting - update, it will say I am up to date. Then I click refresh and...
  10. Windows 10 Throttling Internet Connection Speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Throttling Internet Connection Speed?: I have experienced what appears to be Windows 10 throttling my internet connection speed. It has happened on multiple occasions, and it happened again tonight so I wanted to check with this community to see if there is a possible permanent fix to prevent this from happening...