Windows 10: My Ipod nano 7th generation detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes

Discus and support My Ipod nano 7th generation detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this problem that when I connect my Ipod nano 7th gen on Itues i get this message: Detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by moni8181, Apr 20, 2019.

1. moni8181 Win User

My Ipod nano 7th generation detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes

I have this problem that when I connect my Ipod nano 7th gen on Itues i get this message:

Detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes

I have already manually updated the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver but still same problem..

Can someone help

My Iphone connects OK to Itunes, it's just the Ipod nano that has issues and it worked fine before today!

Thank you for possible help

Simona

:)

moni8181, Apr 20, 2019

2. iPod Nano 4th generation

Hi Kalin,

We'd like to verify, were you getting this error when trying to connect your iPod to your PC?

"An IPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the IPod, then try again. If the problem persists, uninstall ITunes, then install ITunes again."

Additionally, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

Awaiting your response.

Joanna 777, Apr 20, 2019
  3. srv1234 Win User
    Itunes cannot identify my ipod

I just got the ipod nano 8th gen and when I plug it into my computer to download music from iTunes a message pops up saying that my ipod is detected but could not be properly identified. I have windows 10 on my computer. I've already tried resetting my
    ipod, reinstalling iTunes, and unplugging and replugging my ipod in. I've also tried using a different cord. Any help?

srv1234, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Peter_102 Win User

My Ipod nano 7th generation detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes

Unable to sync new ipod nano with iTunes.

My new ipod nano 7th generation will not sync with iTunes on my new Acer Aspire computer running on Windows 10. I keep getting a message: "There is a problem in this drive. Please scan this drive now." I have run a scan on the drive which shows no errors
    or problems. I have also uninstalled and re-installed the USB drivers. Still the problem persists.

I have contacted Apple Support who say there is no problem with the ipod or iTunes ( I have the latest version installed) so I don't know where to go from here? Can anyone suggest a solution?

Peter_102, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. My Ipod nano 7th generation detected but can not be identified properly on Itunes - Similar Threads - Ipod nano 7th

2. syncing itunes ipod.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    syncing itunes ipod.: Can't connect itunes to ipod. Spoke to applecare and they said it is a windows issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-itunes-ipod/0112c222-261c-482f-a91c-69445654d057
  3. Trying to access an Ipod Nano with no partition.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to access an Ipod Nano with no partition.: Hi,I am looking at an Ipod Nano 4th generation.It was not working correctly and a friend of mine managed to delete the partition on it.I was hoping that a tool like "Macrium" would see the device, via a USB cable, even though it hasn't a partition on it, however it doesn't.It...
  4. Trying to access an Ipod Nano with no partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to access an Ipod Nano with no partition.: Hi,I am looking at an Ipod Nano 4th generation.It was not working correctly and a friend of mine managed to delete the partition on it.I was hoping that a tool like "Macrium" would see the device, via a USB cable, even though it hasn't a partition on it, however it doesn't.It...
  5. itunes detecting ipod nano but not identified properly

itunes detecting ipod nano but not identified properly: i have windows 10 pro on computer and when i try to sync ipod nano it isnt identified, it works fine with my full size ipod, ive tried everything to fix it to no avail...
  6. iPod Nano 1st Gen not Detected on Win 10

iPod Nano 1st Gen not Detected on Win 10: Hi, Poisoned by nolstagia, I bought a first gen iPod nano. When I connect it to my 5th gen Surface Pro running Win 10 x64, the iPod is charging fine but is not detected as a drive. 1 Under devices and printers, it does not show up as unspecified 2 Under device manager it...
  7. iPod Not Showing in iTunes

iPod Not Showing in iTunes: Long story short, my iPod Nano 5th gen has abruptly stopped working in iTunes. I got an error message, then the message saying iTunes can't identify the iPod, and now nothing at all. In addition to that, my entire iPod has been wiped but 5.7GB is still being used as "other"...
  8. Ipod nano not recognized by computer

Ipod nano not recognized by computer: My computer does not recognize my Ipod nano. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipod-nano-not-recognized-by-computer/176fd446-6f73-45c7-9d04-c8898d41e047
  9. IPod nano. gen 4

IPod nano. gen 4: Hi There, I have an I pod 4th gen that I have just found. but my PC is not recognizing it when I plug it in. I realize that there is no drivers or software for it on the PC. Is there any other software on the Web that may help me be able to start using the Ipod again? Also...
  10. Nano ipod not recognized by itunes after installing windows 10

Nano ipod not recognized by itunes after installing windows 10: When I start itunes a box comes up that says "An ipod has been detected but it could not be identified properly..." and then goes on to give instructions what to do. I have followed those instructions. I have also been to an Apple store and my ipod is up-to-date as is my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ipod cant be identified properly

2. ipod nano 7th gen itunes support

3. cant update ipod nano 7th gen

4. will i tunes support 7th gen nano,
  5. why is ipod 7th generation nano not recognised by itunes store,
  6. ipod nano 6th generation not identified,
  7. ipod nano 7th generation not working with itunes,
  8. ipod detected not identified properly,
  9. an ipod has been detected but not identified,
  10. ipod nano 7th generation windows 10 itunes,
  11. ipod nano 7th generation could not be properly identified,