Windows 10: My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g"

Discus and support My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,From the day I got my HP Windows 10 laptop, I have had this problem 6 months or so. I have tried many things "changed language, from QWERTY to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by User&123, Nov 23, 2022.

1. User&123 Win User

My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g"

Hello,From the day I got my HP Windows 10 laptop, I have had this problem 6 months or so. I have tried many things "changed language, from QWERTY to AZERTY, followed many "fool proof" antidotes to my issue, and read many forums, etc...but I never manage to solve the problem. I currently am on an AZERTY. Would you have any suggestions? Regards,User&123* Moved from Insider

:)

User&123, Nov 23, 2022
  2. alvy0114 Win User

Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

Hello everyone

My latop is an HP Pavilion 13

I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H.

For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing happens with the H key.

Then i noticed that In powershell the same thing happens. After typing the letter G, everything I typed gets deleted.

It happened on a virtual machine as well.

Lets say i press the G button now outside of this text, It makes my system unresponsive for example when i click on "Type here to search" it tries to open it but closes suddenly, I have to click another letter to make it work again.

I really think it has to do with those two keys G and H because thats when it happens, except for example when I write here, it works just fine on text I guess.

Then i tried using virtual keyboard and it works smoothly with no problems. It seems like these specific keys are acting as a Close command or something . They act like they are preventing me from opening or working on things auto erasing everything I type
    and freezing the apps.

Today I used youtube and when I type a word with the letter G or H it stops and wont let me continue typing. I have to do the same thing click another letter for example D and then everything starts working again.

It acts as if its crashing the system and closing for example any window open when I click on the key G or H

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Note: I recently updated to version 2004, updated keyboard drivers, restarted etc.

alvy0114, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Local disk G

Hi mjking1531

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

DiskPart should still be able to access the drive if its not showing up in File Explorer.

Click Start, type: cmd

Right click cmd

Click Run as administrator

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press Enter.

3. Type list volume and press Enter.

4. Make note of the volume number for the drive letter you want to remove. For example, if the drive letter you want to remove is Drive “G”, note the volume number for Drive G.

5. Type the following command, and press Enter.

select volume <volume number>

When typing this command, in place of <volume number>, substitute the volume number you made note of in Step 4. In the example above, if the volume number for drive G is 5, you would type: select volume 5

6. Type the following command and press Enter.

remove letter=<drive letter>

When typing this command, in place of <drive letter>, substitute the drive letter you want to remove. In this example, you would type: remove letter=G

7. Close the Command Prompt window.

Andre for Directly, Nov 23, 2022
  4. My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g"

Keyboard problems extra letters when I type g, t, h and y

Since 12/9/16 when Windows 10 was updated, I get extra letters when I type g, t, h and y

LindaCarrey, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g"

1. My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g" - Similar Threads - keyboard adds letters

2. When I type on my PC's keyboard, those typing letters increase the pressure of the monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I type on my PC's keyboard, those typing letters increase the pressure of the monitor...: When I type on my PC's keyboard, those typing letters increase the pressure of the monitor to turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-type-on-my-pcs-keyboard-those-typing/dba4c751-5bf0-4adf-b328-5af102013b21
  3. When I type on my PC's keyboard, those typing letters increase the pressure of the monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I type on my PC's keyboard, those typing letters increase the pressure of the monitor...: When I type on my PC's keyboard, those typing letters increase the pressure of the monitor to turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-type-on-my-pcs-keyboard-those-typing/dba4c751-5bf0-4adf-b328-5af102013b21
  4. When I type on my PC's keyboard, those typing letters increase the pressure of the monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters: HiMy laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters.See the example below , tried to type the above mentioned sentence .My l9a1ptop k8ea1boa1rd3 is2 typing number a1d3d3itiona1l9l9y when i a1m typing l9etters2. k8ind3l9y hel9p how to s2ol9ve the...
  6. my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters: HiMy laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters.See the example below , tried to type the above mentioned sentence .My l9a1ptop k8ea1boa1rd3 is2 typing number a1d3d3itiona1l9l9y when i a1m typing l9etters2. k8ind3l9y hel9p how to s2ol9ve the...
  7. My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g": Hello,From the day I got my HP Windows 10 laptop, I have had this problem 6 months or so. I have tried many things "changed language, from QWERTY to AZERTY, followed many "fool proof" antidotes to my issue, and read many forums, etc...but I never manage to solve the problem....
  8. My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard adds letters and characters when I type ex: I type "g", I get "g": Hello,From the day I got my HP Windows 10 laptop, I have had this problem 6 months or so. I have tried many things "changed language, from QWERTY to AZERTY, followed many "fool proof" antidotes to my issue, and read many forums, etc...but I never manage to solve the problem....
  9. letter G will not type

letter G will not type: letter G will not type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/letter-g-will-not-type/bc46792a-c5db-4ee2-9e7f-a953725c18bb
  10. When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o: When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o. I have tried restarting, changing language and location and no dice. An help would be much appreciated....