Windows 10: My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!

Discus and support My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm gonna give the whole story so you can understand better.So what happened was I that I spilled some ice tea on my brand new Logitech g512 keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClaytonBowie, May 20, 2021.

1. My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!

I'm gonna give the whole story so you can understand better.So what happened was I that I spilled some ice tea on my brand new Logitech g512 keyboard so I take some of the keycaps off so I can wipe off the tea but in that process I click a bunch of keys accidentally. I then put the keycaps back on and now both the keyboard and the mouse are acting really strange. Like when I click on a link it will download the page and most of the keys on the keyboard don't do the correct thing like pressing q brings up the alt-tab thing. I also tried the on screen keyboard and that too dosent work so I know

:)

ClaytonBowie, May 20, 2021

2. keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes

Hi, I recently built my new windows pc. everything was going great for about 3 weeks until I had this problem. after a few minutes my keyboard first, and then slowly my mouse act strange. I resetted my pc and I am still having this issue. can somebody
    help me? thanks.

evanbadboy, May 20, 2021
  3. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

I have a similar problem except that the page (can be in Windows Explorer, any Office 365 application, Firefox, etc.) scrolls to the top & scrollbar can't be dragged anywhere with the mouse. Often triggered by trying to delete something using the delete key. Generally, deleting individual items (characters or messages for example) using the right mouse click menu still works. I'm using Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse but have tried using wired versions and got same result. Any suggestions welcome.

Russell Cairns, May 20, 2021
  4. My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!

Mouse and Keyboard stutters really horribly

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with mouse and keyboard not working in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

How to uninstall and reinstall mouse and keyboard, please follow the steps given below.

Step 1: Uninstall the mouse and keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select
      Device manager.

• Expand Keyboard and mice driver and right-click on
      driver and select ‘uninstall’.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: You may refer to the computer manufacturer website and try installing keyboard and mice drivers and check.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 20, 2021
Thema:

My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!

1. My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange! - Similar Threads - keyboard mouse are

2. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse is really acting weird: So i've been using my mouse for let's say.. at least 4 years now, i never had any issues with it, it's wired and it worked up until last month, it started acting weird, once i'm gaming or doing anything it starts freezing and then suddenly working again, almost as if it it's...
  3. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  4. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  5. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My keyboard is acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting strange: An hour ago at random my keyboard started acting strangely. When I go to type anything by hitting a key random and odd letter paper behind it for example : 7byp 8u[n 9o]m 9o]m 9o]m. And this is done on its own...
  7. Keyboard acting strange

Keyboard acting strange: Recently my keyboard has been acting strange. When I press the W key, both 2 and W type at the same time. Same with the E key, except it types a 3, and so on. Then, when I try to type a number, for example 2, the keyboard types out a 2 and then a W. This is not an issue with...
  8. keyboard acting strange

keyboard acting strange: when typing cursor jumps when i type letter d and when i type = i get extra characters =; i also get the number lock turn on when i type . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-acting-strange/e5d21a57-2fd7-4648-86d0-4f2f58e0e9da
  9. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/
  10. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...