Windows 10: My Keyboard and Mouse no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

Discus and support My Keyboard and Mouse no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 and now my keyboard and mouse no longer work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andre Da Costa, Oct 2, 2018.

1. My Keyboard and Mouse no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

I just upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 and now my keyboard and mouse no longer work.

:)

Andre Da Costa, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 2, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

My Keyboard and Mouse no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

My Keyboard and Mouse no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

1. My Keyboard and Mouse no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update... - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse longer

2. After a windows update my keyboard and mouse no longer work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After a windows update my keyboard and mouse no longer work: Hi I shut down my computer last night and turned it on to find that windows had installed an update without telling me. Now, when boot to the screen that shows the time date etc, nothing happens when I press any buttons on my keyboard or mouse. None of the lights are on and...
  3. Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems after upgrade from Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems after upgrade from Windows 10 April 2018 update: After upgrading the Windows 10 October 2018 update some problems occurred. In the Settings app, the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter is missing, I noticed this after getting a hardware error that is displayed in the reliability monitor. The task manager displays CPU usage...
  4. System Restore no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809. How...: I noticed I no longer have any system restore points after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. How can go back to an earlier point in time to fix a problem?...
  5. My iPad, iPhone, iPod no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 update...

My iPad, iPhone, iPod no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 update...: Since upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, my Apple devices such as my iPad, iPhone and iPod are no longer recognized....
  6. Microsoft Edge is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 update version...

Microsoft Edge is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 update version...: Microsoft Edge is not opening after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. If it opens, it does not browse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/microsoft-edge-is-not-working-after-upgrading-to/fd2fa295-1c44-4131-8b2c-c9d705d7cbd1
  7. My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

My CD DVD Optical Drive no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...: My CD DVD no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-cd-dvd-optical-drive-no-longer-works-after/523e7156-5dfb-4eed-a5b0-917a82f71989
  8. My Printer is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809....

My Printer is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809....: I notice I can no longer print after upgrading to latest version of Windows 10 version 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-printer-is-not-working-after-upgrading-to/39c1c66a-a06b-4a11-a211-6084e5071359
  9. Windows Defender is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version...

Windows Defender is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version...: I noticed after upgrading to Windows 10 1809, Windows Defender Security Center is not starting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-defender-is-not-working-after-upgrading-to/a4558773-8e75-4481-9c41-998c0bd986c7
  10. My Start menu is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version...

My Start menu is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version...: I notice my Start menu is not working when I click on it or items are missing on the Start menu when it does open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-start-menu-is-not-working-after-upgrading-to/821d56d6-0902-4f40-827d-f6bca7f070d7