Windows 10: My keyboard and wifi have stopped working on windows 10

Discus and support My keyboard and wifi have stopped working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok so basically I installed windows 10 and it ended up working fine no problems then like a month into using it my wifi suddenly stopped working and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidAlechenuj, Jul 21, 2018.

1. My keyboard and wifi have stopped working on windows 10

ok so basically I installed windows 10 and it ended up working fine no problems then like a month into using it my wifi suddenly stopped working and I didn't know how to fix it so I just decided to use tethering and now after a couple more months I had auto update on and after it finished an update the driver for my keyboard in device manager is gone I can also no longer see a keyboard tab in device manager I have tried to reset and system restore and neither worked and windows 10 gives me an error when I try to go back to previous windows I do not have the product key for win 8

:)

DavidAlechenuj, Jul 21, 2018
  2. vmishka Win User

Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10

I have an iMac dual booting Mac OSX and Windows 10 under Bootcamp. I have the normal iMac wireless keyboard.

Windows has been running normally for several years since the day I got the computer. Windows 10 has been running normally since the day I was able to automatically download it in August.

Today, my keyboard stopped working under Windows 10. I am writing this from the Mac side. The keyboard works perfectly and the battery power is 100% under Mac OSX.

When I boot to my Windows partition (which is the default) I have to use the keyboard to sign-in under Windows. The keyboard works fine for sign-in! Then, as soon as I get to my desktop, the keyboard stops working entirely. No key produces a letter. The cursor doesn't move. I hear a click in my headset when a key is pressed, but nothing happens.

The mouse works. If I reach the hardware and devices portion of the control panel, as far as I can tell things the keyboard device says it is working properly. I remember a wireless keyboard listed and a bluetooth keyboard and something called an HID device. Windows reports that they are working properly. I managed to open the troubleshooter using the mouse only and it couldn't find a problem.

I have turned the computer off and on several times.

Would someone be so kind as to suggest how I can find and fix the problem.

Thank you.

vmishka, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

My keyboard and wifi have stopped working on windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

My keyboard and wifi have stopped working on windows 10

1. My keyboard and wifi have stopped working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - keyboard wifi stopped

2. Windows 10 -- An update stopped my wifi from working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 -- An update stopped my wifi from working: Windows 10 wifi function stopped working about 2 odd years ago after the mega update that occurred at that time. Before this update which was a massive one my wifi in the laptop was OK. After update NO. checked that the PC said all OK on the hardware and driver OK and up to...
  3. Windows 10 -- An update stopped my wifi from working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 -- An update stopped my wifi from working: Windows 10 wifi function stopped working about 2 odd years ago after the mega update that occurred at that time. Before this update which was a massive one my wifi in the laptop was OK. After update NO. checked that the PC said all OK on the hardware and driver OK and up to...
  4. Windows 10 -- An update stopped my wifi from working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!: the 2 w s d x caps lock f1 f6 and ctrl keys in my keyboard have stopped workingi was working fine a week ago but today it started to not work properly...
  6. A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!: the 2 w s d x caps lock f1 f6 and ctrl keys in my keyboard have stopped workingi was working fine a week ago but today it started to not work properly...
  7. A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows 10 keyboard stopped working

windows 10 keyboard stopped working: Hi. This start happening a few days back. Rebooted one morning and found out the keyboard stopped working can't type anything.It's a wired, USB keyboard connected to the back of the computer.I connected another USB keyboard to the front USB port, that didn't work either.I...
  9. My keyboard stopped working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My keyboard stopped working after windows 10 update: Heyeveryone! I hope you’re doing well. After Iupdated Windows a few weeks ago, my keyboard stopped working. Until March 27Theverything was alright, didn’t have issues but suddenly, the day March 28Thof 2021 when I turn on my pc, I could log into my User, it was disconnected...
  10. Keyboard stop working in windows 10

Keyboard stop working in windows 10: My keyboard is an usb keyboard and it stop working after windows 10 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-stop-working-in-windows-10/2e1e03c6-82f0-4dd6-b3a7-770d5d432baf