Windows 10: My Keyboard Backlighting stopped working and it's not in Mobility Center

Discus and support My Keyboard Backlighting stopped working and it's not in Mobility Center in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I need assistance as my Keyboard Backlighting just stopped working. I've searched the internet but the backlighting option is not in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karen_Joy01, Aug 14, 2020.

1. My Keyboard Backlighting stopped working and it's not in Mobility Center

Hello, I need assistance as my Keyboard Backlighting just stopped working.

I've searched the internet but the backlighting option is not in the Windows Mobility Center as it says it should be.

I tried to put this question into the correct category of questions, but I don't see one that specifically applies to this problem.

Please help!

:)

Karen_Joy01, Aug 14, 2020

2. Keyboard Backlight Has Stopped Working.

Hi Gideon,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete model number of your Acer Aspire F14?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    3. What is the operating system that you have installed on your computer? (To check the Version and Edition of your Windows, you can refer
      Which Windows operating system am I running?).

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, try a keyboard combination by pressing the
    FN and the F9 keys at once and check if the keyboard backlight turns on.

Method 1:
    Turning On Keyboard Backlight From Windows Mobility Center.

1. Click on the Start Menu > Search for Windows Mobility Center > Hit
      Enter.
    2. Locate Keyboard backlight in Windows Mobility Center > Select
      On under Keyboard lighting > Click on OK.
    3. Restart the computer once after making the changes and check for the keyboard backlight.

Method 2:
    Keyboard Troubleshooter.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Troubleshoot > Run the Keyboard Troubleshooter and check for the issue.

If the issue persists after trying the above troubleshooting methods, then please reply with the answers listed above, so that we can understand the concern and help you with the appropriate troubleshooting methods.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 14, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Keyboard backlight is not working

Hi Veerendra Jana

Right click your Start Button and choose Mobility Center

Is there a Keyboard backlight setting there?

If not, try the F10 key or Fn + F10

DaveM121, Aug 14, 2020
  4. My Keyboard Backlighting stopped working and it's not in Mobility Center

Keyboard Backlight Has Stopped Working.

Please, the keyboard backlight of my Acer Aspire F 15 has stopped working. How do I fix this problem.

***Edited Original Title From: keyboard backlight***

Gideon Owusu-Ansah, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

My Keyboard Backlighting stopped working and it's not in Mobility Center

1. My Keyboard Backlighting stopped working and it's not in Mobility Center - Similar Threads - Keyboard Backlighting stopped

2. Why is my keyboard backlight not working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my keyboard backlight not working ?: Hi, my Dell Latitude 7400 has a backlit keyboard it has a keyboard backlight icon on the f5 key but it hasn't been working for quite a while now. Even after reinstalling windows it does not work. I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 and that still doesn't resolve the...
  3. Why is my keyboard backlight not working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my keyboard backlight not working ?: Hi, my Dell Latitude 7400 has a backlit keyboard it has a keyboard backlight icon on the f5 key but it hasn't been working for quite a while now. Even after reinstalling windows it does not work. I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 and that still doesn't resolve the...
  4. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard backlight doesnt work: hi,My keyboard back light doesnt work, and my FN F9/10 stoped workug after updating to windows 10. keybord backlight settings doesnt show in mobility center either....
  5. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard backlight doesnt work: hi,My keyboard back light doesnt work, and my FN F9/10 stoped workug after updating to windows 10. keybord backlight settings doesnt show in mobility center either....
  6. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey: HI, I have a asus vivobook flip 14. I had keyboard hotkeysF1 TO F12 working. Due to a issue, i did a clean install of windows 10.After that i l cannot turn on keyboard backlight using the f7 key. I have my asus app and asus control interface v3. All other hotkeys are working....
  8. Is there any way other than the Windows Mobility Center to adjust keyboard backlight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way other than the Windows Mobility Center to adjust keyboard backlight?: So basically right now I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my Google Pixelbook. There's a driver to install that turns on the keyboard backlight to maximum brightness, but there is no way to control it. Nothing shows up in Windows Mobility Center because the driver didn't write...
  9. The keyboard backlight on my new ASUS has stopped working!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    The keyboard backlight on my new ASUS has stopped working!!: UGH!!! I spilled water (mostly on myself but...) some got on the keyboard that has a rubber cover on it. I've dried it off, restarted the laptop, but the back light is not on! It's one of the main reasons I chose this thing. :( It took me 7 months to save for it!! I've...
  10. Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working: Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working (letters don't light up anymore) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-backlights-not-working/fe78d7ac-2f93-413d-81ae-f976458a5fa1