Windows 10: My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically.

Discus and support My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Usually while playing games my keyboard just changes to English and that has a different layout than what i am used to so this is problematic to me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IEatSheep, Feb 19, 2019.

1. IEatSheep Win User

My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically.

Usually while playing games my keyboard just changes to English and that has a different layout than what i am used to so this is problematic to me. All solutions i found included going to control panel and going to "language" but according to my PC, that does no exist. Please help.

My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically. e6b634a4-bc87-4da9-a382-2b97a1e43d44?upload=true.png

:)

IEatSheep, Feb 19, 2019

2. English language/Norwegian keyboard

I have as you can understand upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 7 - and it is fantastic ! ! !

However, when setting Norwegian keyboard with English language, the settings change either during typing or next

time I log on

Question is : how can I save the settings after having set them so that the keyboard remains Norwegian and matches

the English (UK) operating system as well as mails and other Windows Office programs....

It is very annoying when starting typing and after a few seconds I notice the keyboard has changed to English, so I have

to set it again on the task bar in the right-hand corner

Pleased to hear many thanks

Regards

E-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION TWICE BUT NOBODY HAS BOTHERED TO ANSWER (????)

Bjarne Gjertsen, Feb 19, 2019
  3. N80 - change of language from English to Norwegian

Hi.

I have a N80 bought in England. When I got it to Norway I took it to the repairshop for changing the language to Norwegian.

But the other day I decided to upgrade my firmware and what happens next is that everything is in English and Norwegian are nowhere to be found.

Where can I fix this? Besides going back to the repairshop..

Is the firmware coming with Norwegian language in the future?

Regards

Grimberg

grimberg---01, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Roninnwy Win User

Can I use Windows 7 with English language pack initially selected at W7 install and using Norwegian Keyboard?

W7 Home Premium. And yes, having selected English on-screen language I cannot change it, indeed I don't want to change it!

Does this mean that this English language will be retained in W 10 and that the Keyboard layout will be kept at Norwegian?

Cheers Ron

Andre ... I surely am confused over terminology! I conclude that 'language pack' is nothing to do with the software on-screen language which in my case was selected as English at first boot. I guess that it relates to dictionary support.

However, hopefully you understand my question as being:

'Will I retain English software with Norwegian keyboard'.

Roninnwy, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically. - Similar Threads - keyboard changes English

2. Norwegian bokmål got randomly added to my list of keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norwegian bokmål got randomly added to my list of keyboards: I'm from sweden and have english set as my windows language but have added swedish in the list of preffered languages so I can still use a swedish keyboard when I feel like it, school assignments and texting friends, and today as I switched keyboards theres a new one on the...
  3. Norwegian bokmål got randomly added to my list of keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norwegian bokmål got randomly added to my list of keyboards: I'm from sweden and have english set as my windows language but have added swedish in the list of preffered languages so I can still use a swedish keyboard when I feel like it, school assignments and texting friends, and today as I switched keyboards theres a new one on the...
  4. Automatically change keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically change keyboard layout: Hello I'm using a laptop, and have a second USB keyboard that doesn't have the same layout as my laptop's, is there a setting/program that detects which keyboard I'm using and automatically changes the input layout accordingly? submitted by /u/Motaz275 [link] [comments]...
  5. Norwegian Keyboard English Operating system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Norwegian Keyboard English Operating system: I have a Norwegian keyboard but I am using an English operating system. I would like to input using the Norwegian keyboard using the symbols and letters as represented on the keyboard while continuing to read and write mostly in English. I see that there is a reply to this...
  6. English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!: I regularly use spanish, arabic and japanese keyboard. And been using them for a long time. After the last windows update the US keyboard appeared out of nowhere and it is not listed on my keyboards installed, but when I press win+space to change keyboards it appears there...
  7. change my language to english

change my language to english: please help me change my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-language-to-english/d5ff6360-849c-47db-8ca0-b9e41cd59a2c
  8. England English/American English keyboard

England English/American English keyboard: why won't my keyboard stay on England English, every time I switch on the PC, the keyboard is American English, and I have to change it each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/england-englishamerican-english-keyboard/a4e9292c-9c7c-42bd-a2ff-d17f0f31acab
  9. Cyrillic instead of English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cyrillic instead of English: The WIN 10 panels requesting my name and password are written in Russian or Ukrainian. How can I correct this? 17967
  10. W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout: Greetings, I have one primary issue regarding W10. W10 keeps enforcing Norwegian Penguin-Language by detecting keyboard layout; although global setting (thou currency+format is Norwegian) is English (US), which causes severe cases of: autism, retardation, degrading of...