Windows 10: My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10?

Discus and support My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Due to in and out hearing issues (long story), it's handy to have volume control on keyboard since I adjust it often. My old keyboard finally died and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EatsShootsLeaves90, Jun 26, 2020.

1. My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10?

Due to in and out hearing issues (long story), it's handy to have volume control on keyboard since I adjust it often.

My old keyboard finally died and I have to use one without a volume control button.

Is there a way I can bind volume up and down to a keyboard shortcut (e.g. shift + F1)? Any recommended third party software? The ones I saw kind of look shady so if anyone can vouch for one, I will use it. My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10? :)

Thanks!

submitted by /u/EatsShootsLeaves90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EatsShootsLeaves90, Jun 26, 2020
  2. lenny00 Win User

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

There is an information on how to create this shortcut posted here:

windows 10 audio volume keyboard shortcut - Google-Suche

The problem I have is that unlike in Linux such a shortcut isn't working unless Volume Mixer icon on the taskbar is clicked upon.

So volume slider pops-up, then this shortcut works. As a result: I still need to use a mouse.

Can you, please suggest a way to create a keyboard shortcut to control Windows 10 audio volume (not an application audio volume), which won't involve using a mouse?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

lenny00, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 26, 2020
  4. ship69 Win User

My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10?

How can I find out which keyboard shortcuts I have got set up?

Hello

About a year ago I set up a keyboard shortcut to open a folder. I now want to change the shortcut, but I can't remember where I set up the keyboard shortcut (Control+Alt+Z)!

Fwiw, I'm thinking that I right-clicked on a shortcut to my folder and set up a "Shortcut key". Either that or I used a .BAT file??Either way, the trouble is that I can't now find where I set it up.

How can I find out where it is?
    Does Windows have somewhere in the Registry listing shortcut keys?

Cheers

J

ship69, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10?

1. My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - keyboard doesn't volume

2. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  3. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  4. Keyboard shortcut for volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for volume?: Hi All! I have spent a long time trying to find a keyboard shortcut to turn the volume up or down. That failed so I tried to make a hotkey but don't know how to code so that also failed. Am I missing something or is there a way to get it to work? thank you. submitted by...
  5. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...
  6. Windows 10 Volume Control Sucks. Can it be changed?

Windows 10 Volume Control Sucks. Can it be changed?: I use Fn + [key] on my computer to adjust volume and I hit the adjust key mutliple times in succession to turn the volume up/down. When adjusting down, the 9th press causes the volume to jump down 10 levels or so instead of just 2, which I then have to adjust back up. It's...
  7. Can't change the volume using the built in volume controls on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change the volume using the built in volume controls on my keyboard: Can't change the volume using the built in volume controls on keyboard. My headset can change the volume and when I unplug my headset my keyboard can do it so how can I change it so that I can use my keyboard instead of my headset, without the need to have it disconnected?...
  8. Can i change keyboard shortcuts?

Can i change keyboard shortcuts?: Hi, I'm using a lot the `alt + prtcn` shortcut to take a screenshot of just the activate window. I do this a lot and it's getting annoying, can I change that somehow? just prtcn would be the best, but I can compromise on different combo also if that's possible. I need the...
  9. how can I change keyboard shortcut myself in win 10 pro

how can I change keyboard shortcut myself in win 10 pro: Hello i want to know how i can change keyboard shortcut myself in win 10pro thanks * Original title: alireza https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-keyboard-shortcut-myself-in-win/ddae237d-7e2b-4d82-b914-e718062cbd8c
  10. Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume

Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume: Ok, been looking for a potential solution all morning. I'm wondering, is there's a simple keyboard shortcut that either exists or one I can create to mute the volume of the current app I have open without having to open the volume mixer? It's just slightly annoying when...